Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Reminds me of "Who's Line is it Anyway" where the points were all made up. I put this ranking in the same category as the "three stars", it is for entertainment purposes based upon who is liked. Niagara has never been in the in crowd.

In spite of the standings would you consider Barrie, London, Brampton, Erie, and Brantford to be better teams right now and going forward; the power rankers do.
If you want to know who has played best to this point, look at the standings.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Musty, Musty..he will put butts in the seats. Kind of a local guy. He could be your guy?
If Darren believes he can win an OHL championship (and with a 7-2 record he's the type of individual who may actually believe that), trading for Musty is not inconceivable. He is currently seeking out trades to improve the team.
:popcorn:

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
In spite of the standings would you consider Barrie, London, Brampton, Erie, and Brantford to be better teams right now and going forward; the power rankers do.
So much of the power rankings are based on perennial performance and organizational status, mixed in with a dose of reading the tea leaves. Niagara could have a perfect season and miss one game which would result in a power dive. London could have an average season and never leave the top five. I'm not suggesting Niagara deserves anything just casting my disdain on crystal ball gazing and cronyism.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
So much of the power rankings are based on perennial performance and organizational status, mixed in with a dose of reading the tea leaves. Niagara could have a perfect season and miss one game which would result in a power dive. London could have an average season and never leave the top five. I'm not suggesting Niagara deserves anything just casting my disdain on crystal ball gazing and cronyism.

It’s not really crystal ball gazing, it is more like mimicking MLB power rankings to get more viewers going to the OHL site.

Reactions: Section5Petes

three dog night

May 3, 2014
London and Erie not in our conference Brampton is over rated Brantford top defence men returning Barrie could be the team to bear but usually dsappoints.

Bryant to Peterborough for two picks just caught in the numbers game

Musty, Musty..he will put butts in the seats. Kind of a local guy. He could be your guy?
Is he an over ager

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
London and Erie not in our conference Brampton is over rated Brantford top defence men returning Barrie could be the team to bear but usually dsappoints.

Bryant to Peterborough for two picks just caught in the numbers game

Is he an over ager
Musty is an OA next year so it would only be for this year and they aren’t winning anything this year so pointless trade idea IMO

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
This trade once again highlights DDD deficiencies with managing draft assets of this organization:
He pays a 3rd, 4th, 5th for an OA.
He trades a quality OA player for a 3rd.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad