Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
No reason to believe the IceDogs won’t be 6-0 after this weekend. They play two of the weaker teams (OS and NB) at home.
It’s junior hockey that’s a good enough reason to believe it might not be the case I wonder if they’ll give Humphries a start

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I feel like Foreground was gone for the last year of the Burkes??????

Don't mistake that for defending DD and his reduction of in-game stuff. Or even the STH pickup event which never came back after covid.
It was DD that gave them the boot along with the Media antipastos buffet replaced with cookies and chips. LOL.
Foreground was awesome! Worth whatever they were paid. It made the whole experience so much better.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
It’s junior hockey that’s a good enough reason to believe it might not be the case I wonder if they’ll give Humphries a start
We are talking Ben here. Robertson goes back to back. Predicting two fairly easy wins against two of the weaker opponents they have faced this year.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Already answered a couple of times; thrilled with the defence make-over.
Haha. Making up your own question and answering doesn’t count. That question was never asked.
Start with Post #408. I have lots you have avoided. Poser! Or creep (troll) another site.

Attachments

• IMG_0683.jpeg
    IMG_0683.jpeg
    435.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Dan’s son is playing u16 STA this season and I believe he is coaching him. So, I could see him joining the staff next year possibly.
I got clarification on this. Dan coached his son last year as a u15. He is now playing STA u16. Dan remains as the STA u15 coach.

Last edited:

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Both teams rebuilding Robertson been a round the block
Yeah, I get that. But the IceDogs really haven't been in the position of being expected to win. And Robertson has been waiting for this opportunity to prove he is a starter. I think they pass the test, but there is pressure.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Both teams rebuilding Robertson been a round the block
NB, Owen Sound, Petes and Kitchener are examples of teams in true rebuilds. The IceDogs are NOT in a rebuild. Darren has said it both publicly to the fans and privately to his coaches “the mandate is to win now” and expect more trades as needed to assure that they do. The current 24-25 roster is not the finish line, it’s the start of the race.

Prediction: 4 points. One win a lot easier than the other.

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
NB, Owen Sound, Petes and Kitchener are examples of teams in true rebuilds. The IceDogs are NOT in a rebuild. Darren has said it both publicly to the fans and privately to his coaches “the mandate is to win now” and expect more trades as needed to assure that they do. The current 24-25 roster is not the finish line, it’s the start of the race.

Prediction: 4 points. One win a lot easier than the other.
The sad thing is, had he been smart with the assets, we could have made this a 2-3 year window.

We should have so many picks in our cupboards that we say "screw it, lets grab Musty and another dman" and still be able to build onto next year too.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
The sad thing is, had he been smart with the assets, we could have made this a 2-3 year window.

We should have so many picks in our cupboards that we say "screw it, lets grab Musty and another dman" and still be able to build onto next year too.
Darren’s asset management skills are beyond atrocious!

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
He's u15 and Dan is coaching.
👍 👍 Landon is 2010

This is definitely home for Dan. So there would seem to be a natural progression for him to become part of the IceDogs in the near future

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
...and stupid trades between games, zero accountability, yet another scandal, petty cost-cutting measures and the overall dilution of the fan experience.
Bang On! Anyone who knows the Icedogs STH base, also knows, support has little to do with winning but rather knowing that those running the team understand the OHL’s cyclical nature and rebuild accordingly. Former STHs have had enough of the owner’s mismanagement of players, trades and draft capital.

With proper management, the IceDogs could be like this, building toward 26-27 and receiving the financial support of returning STHs….

DRAFT CAPITAL…before trades ( RENEW)
25: 2, 3, 4, 4
26: 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4
27: 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4
28: 2, 3, 4
+ 07 A.Frolov; 05 U.Podrekar; + SIGN IMPORT 06 D - Gabriel Eliasson

DRAFT CAPITAL…proper trade ( RENEW)
: 2, 3, 4, 4
26: 2, 3, 3, 4, 4
27: 2, 3, 4, 4
28: 2, -, 4
+ 06 J.Brauti; + 07 A.Frolov; + 05 B.Scott; NO 04 NVV trade; INSTEAD roster 04 Loshko, 04 Flores and 04 Bryant at NO draft capital cost; AND SIGN IMPORT D 06 G. Eliasson

Instead, IceDogs are like this...

DRAFT CAPITAL…after trade overpays (STH NOT RENEWING)
25: - , 3, 4, 4
26: 2, 3, 4
27: 2, 3, 4, 4
28: 2, 3, 4
+ 06 J.Brauti; + 05 B.Scott; + OA NVV
- 07 A.Frolov; - 05 U.Podrekar; minus one of 04 Loshko, 04 Flores or 04 Bryant; minus Import 06 D G. Eliasson (traded for next to nothing)

Last edited:

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Ice dogs Barrie Nov 1 on TSN wonder if tge fans are going to boo the import who didn’t want to play for us.
Probably not. Although the hard core IceDog fans of the past (dating back to the Lesssciooo chants) would 100% boo him, the truth is those are the STH’s this organization lost.

What you have now is a small core of STHs along with the majority being casual fans who go to a few games a year and a lot of kids with their parents. I would imagine few even know who Eliasson is or care they only got a 3rd for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad