Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Bringing in Loshko from the Q cost them absolutely ZERO and I can’t believe nobody else was in on him.
I agree I can’t believe he made it through the Q waivers. Would much rather have an OA that can score like he can over some 20 point a year player like some teams have even if he takes up 2 spots

Dogs Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2019
St, Catharines
Team is off to a hot start after 3 tough seasons and clowns on this board are arguing over attendance numbers. Pathetic losers who want the team to fail because of DD. Well the rough years are over and the new kids and an underappreciated goalie with carry them to success

I think we can all agree the big move to Carlsburg Light will improve attendance.

DOGS still winning 5 to 1.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Just got back from the game.

Kevin He has arrived. He could be a 100 point player and he has added physicality to his game.

This team is dynamic offensively and will only get better. 3 lines that can come at you and score. The defense is far from contender worthy, but they're better as a group than expected.

Niagara isn't missing the playoffs. In fact, I overheard some scouts say they could be a middle of the pack team.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Kevin He hat trick plus three assist paced the Icedogs to a 7 to 3 win over Brampton. Crete added two goals too in a brawl filled game before 3,289 fans in their home opener.Next game Friday night against OwenSound on home ice.

Reactions: I Loveallsports

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
Lmao don’t see fighting too often in the OHL anymore and even rarer for the goalie fight. Ivankovic got rocked
Loved the goalie fight but that’s also part of the reason I’d have Flores as the odd OA out he looks for a fight almost every game and in games he doesn’t get it his play usually goes off a cliff be interesting to see how long the suspension is

Reactions: three dog night

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Loshko , Flores vanvliet, they should leave as THR oas

It will be a tough choice between Bryant and Flores. Flores battled hard for the IceDogs in trying times. But, it would need to be a very good offer to justify moving on from the previous years captain and leading scorer when there is a capable 19 yr old goalie on the team. Robertson deserves a chance to start in potentially his final season.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
On a side note it felt like Florida today almost 80 degrees wonder if that a bearing on the crowd along with the Bills playing and three straight bad seasons hopefully a better crowd Friday and Saturday night .

Reactions: mattommy98

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
@Sam14
Damn the raccoon keeps getting things figured out right LOL

There is absolutely no way that this team will make any trades unless they are to improve at the deadline.

Again I am not saying they will be #1 allyear but they definitely are not the cake walk team that they were. People have started to notice.

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
Loved the goalie fight but that’s also part of the reason I’d have Flores as the odd OA out he looks for a fight almost every game and in games he doesn’t get it his play usually goes off a cliff be interesting to see how long the suspension is
I disagree. The reason they’re winning is they hustle continuously, stick up for each other and play as a team. Everyone on the ice had a partner and Flores did the same. Obviously that can’t happen every game but I think things like this will bring the team even closer together.

Reactions: beastintheeast

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
There you have it, straight from Darren's mom.
You need to look around the OHL. You guys are actually doing pretty good considering all the off ice BS.

You have an owner that came in and made new owner mistakes. If youlook at teams that have owners with little experience they make a lot of mistakes unless they have the right advisers.

The first thing HUNT did in Ottawa wa ensure that he had Kilrea to run his operationadn he also understood thehistory.

The look downthe highway to the Fronts and Springer bout the team to keep in in the cuty same as DD did. Inthe case of Springer and DD they didnot have the team history or advisoers that they could trust and let guide them. Springer teurned to Mav and Gilomour both of them disasters.

DD had no one so went withthepeople her knew. last year he hired a coach that had some extra to offer in the way of a NHL coach dad that could advise and assist.

Now you have a team that has a lot of early draft picks and a coach that has a desire to win.

I look at both them and the Fronts and see 2 teams that are looking at this yer differnetly but should be looking at it the same way. Neither team is a contender once Oshawa, Barrie and Brampton get their acts together but if theybuild correctly both will be bidders for the M Cup with teams that actually have the ability to make a stance and a location that will make people want to vote for them.

I disagree. The reason they’re winning is they hustle continuously, stick up for each other and play as a team. Everyone on the ice had a partner and Flores did the same. Obviously that can’t happen every game but I think things like this will bring the team even closer together.

I think playing the first 2 games on teh road was a blessing as it gave them time to gel together.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad