Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
total attendance is the number of tickets that have been issued for the game. that includes

tickets sold to season-ticket holdrs
tickets sold at the gate
comp tickets tht were given out
sponsor tickets. Usually, ads on boards and such not only have the ad as part of the deal but a set of tickets

In the case of Ottawa and Kingston probably other arenas also it is the number of tickets that the team has to pay the city for.

Back in the day, Earl used to horde comp tickets like they were gold and diamonds from Howard store. Used have to be a fight sometimes to explain why we were giving them out
Your right except here in Niagara, they also count all club seats, all suite seats, all handicapped seats and about 150 standing room spots as sold tickets whether they are sold or not.

It's easy to figure this out. A sell out is 5300. However, not all handicapped seats are sold. Not all club seats and private suite spots are sold. Most of the time they don't even sell standing room spots. If they were really only counting tickets sold, the sell out number would vary.

In the past, the team has put 410 standing room spots for sale when they are in the playoffs. Maybe 100 or 150 of those tickets get sold. People expect the attendance to be announced higher than 5300 but it's not. Its still listed at 5300 because those 100 or 150 tickets were counting as sold whether they were sold or not. It's only when they sell more than 150 standing room tickets that they announce the attendance as above 5300.

Attendance at most OHL games is not as high as most people think.

Reactions: Sam14

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I don’t think “all fans” thought they’d make the playoffs I bet if that old board was still active the majority would still say no playoffs. As for the teams play 3 games in its honesty better than I expected I thought they’d only manage 2 points from the opening 4 games
You’d be surprised at just how many would begrudgingly agree they’ll make the playoffs. DD made that his coaches mandate this year so it has to happen. The question will be at what cost. A good start will first save Ben’s job 😊 and second keep his finger off the trigger. Trust me on this one, I have it from a reliable source, DD will make whatever trades are required to accomplish the “mandate”. It’s how he measures success. So this start is good news. Just hope it doesn’t go south over the next 20 games.

Reactions: bigsportsfan

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
Whether the team makes the playoffs or not doesn't change the fact that they are badly run. The owner makes bad trades and won't spend the money required to run the team properly. Even a badly run team will have decent seasons now and then.

Look at the draft picks they have over the next 4 years. Being in last place the last 3 seasons you would think they have a well stocked draft cupboard. But they don't. How is that possible? It's because they are badly run.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Haven’t seen Frolov play yet this season, but I’m sure that he could slot in 6-7 on the IceDogs D right now.
Still can’t answer even a single fair question 😂😂. You have zero credibility with IceDog fans on and off this site. It’s hilarious!

There are rule against trolling on hf boards. Still waiting for your answers to these questions. 😂

1728151809121.jpeg

Reactions: Donnie740

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Whether the team makes the playoffs or not doesn't change the fact that they are badly run. The owner makes bad trades and won't spend the money required to run the team properly. Even a badly run team will have decent seasons now and then.

Look at the draft picks they have over the next 4 years. Being in last place the last 3 seasons you would think they have a well stocked draft cupboard. But they don't. How is that possible? It's because they are badly run.
Oh they are really poorly run. It's a shame - because with the core in place, a proper GM could still get this team to contend next year, even with the limited assets.

(It will include wise use of the Import slots next season, as well as trading whoever is taken in the first round at the deadline next year)

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Do your credibility a favour and go back and watch his games and report back

I will see Flint vs Erie, Kingston, Oshawa, and the central division teams; then, I will report directly to you how Frolov and Podrekar in depth roles.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Your right except here in Niagara, they also count all club seats, all suite seats, all handicapped seats and about 150 standing room spots as sold tickets whether they are sold or not.

It's easy to figure this out. A sell out is 5300. However, not all handicapped seats are sold. Not all club seats and private suite spots are sold. Most of the time they don't even sell standing room spots. If they were really only counting tickets sold, the sell out number would vary.

In the past, the team has put 410 standing room spots for sale when they are in the playoffs. Maybe 100 or 150 of those tickets get sold. People expect the attendance to be announced higher than 5300 but it's not. Its still listed at 5300 because those 100 or 150 tickets were counting as sold whether they were sold or not. It's only when they sell more than 150 standing room tickets that they announce the attendance as above 5300.

Attendance at most OHL games is not as high as most people think.
Thanks for that clarification. I always wondered why some of our playoff games in the past were not announced as more than 5300.

I will see Flint vs Erie, Kingston, Oshawa, and the central division teams; then, I will report directly to you how Frolov and Podrekar in depth roles.
Still not going to answer any of the other questions. So funny!!!

Reactions: Donnie740

Dogs Enthusiast

Sep 25, 2019
St, Catharines
Thanks for that clarification. I always wondered why some of our playoff games in the past were not announced as more than 5300.
Some are announced at more than 5300. Like this one at 5580

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
There’s no question Niagara has been the most dysfunctional franchise in the league for several years - - almost like they’re being run by a few posters from this site.

But this year they seem to have realized acquiring talented players is important and winning hockey games is a good thing.

Bringing in Loshko from the Q cost them absolutely ZERO and I can’t believe nobody else was in on him.

And then flipping a couple of Euros to Flint so they could acquire Jack Brauti was a brilliant move.

Love Brauti’s game. He’s undersized but he’s such a smooth defenceman. I can’t believe Barrie ever let him go.

Reactions: Dogs Enthusiast

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
There’s no question Niagara has been the most dysfunctional franchise in the league for several years - - almost like they’re being run by a few posters from this site.

But this year they seem to have realized acquiring talented players is important and winning hockey games is a good thing.

Bringing in Loshko from the Q cost them absolutely ZERO and I can’t believe nobody else was in on him.

And then flipping a couple of Euros to Flint so they could acquire Jack Brauti was a brilliant move.

Love Brauti’s game. He’s undersized but he’s such a smooth defenceman. I can’t believe Barrie ever let him go.
I imagine other teams put a claim in on Loshko, Niagara just would have been one of the first teams on the list to have the rights.

They only flipped one Euro to Flint. Frolov is a North American player and has more upside than Brauti (my opinion and that of a scout that I talked to).

I like Brauti. But Barrie got a dman that will likely be on Team Canada out of the deal. It's a big upgrade.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

Still not going to answer any of the other questions. So funny!!!

I just saw the IceDogs coach have Brauti on the ice for about 5 of the final 8 minutes against Oshawa; I think that answers everything you need to know how the coach feels. I also saw the interview of Boudreau praising the team for it’s acquisitions on defence

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I just saw the IceDogs coach have Brauti on the ice for about 5 of the final 8 minutes against Oshawa; I think that answers everything you need to know how the coach feels. I also saw the interview of Boudreau praising the team for it’s acquisitions on defence

OMG. You're still posting on here and still haven't answered a single question!!! Wow! How much lower can you stoop. That's embarrassing.

Do you need me to repost the questions AGAIN?

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018

This is what they have left in terms of DRAFT CAPITAL (As of Oct 5, 2024)

2025: - , *3, 4, 4, (*conditional 3rd involving Zito?)

2026: 2, 3, 4,

2027: 2, 3, 4, 4

2028: 2, 3, 4,

NOTE: Frolov deal included a 2025 2nd round pick, which will leave Niagara without a 2nd rd 2009.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad