Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
I can’t remember starting the season with two wins or back to back road wns
Actually, in 19-20 (no OHL season 20-21) and 21-22 they won their first 2 games of the season; in their first year under DD’s ownership 22-23, they took 5 of 6 points to open the season. Unfortunately, in all three instances the IceDogs finished out of the playoffs (19th, 20th and 19th).

Last edited:

mattommy98

Apr 3, 2023
Really curious what DDD will do now thatloshko and he are playing well together. DDD will probably f that up and get rid of losko , when Bryant returns , my gut says Flores unfortunately, but he’s his own animal

It’s really hard to say because I really would like to see Flores stay with Niagara till the end but who do you release van vliet is a veteran ans it shows on the backend , plus adds some physicality to a decently small d corps

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
Really curious what DDD will do now thatloshko and he are playing well together. DDD will probably f that up and get rid of losko , when Bryant returns , my gut says Flores unfortunately, but he’s his own animal

It’s really hard to say because I really would like to see Flores stay with Niagara till the end but who do you release van vliet is a veteran ans it shows on the backend , plus adds some physicality to a decently small d corps
My guess: Bryant is the captain so he stays. The IceDogs don’t have many D, so NVV stays. The older forwards (05s and 06s) are not particular strong, so Loshko (NHL Drafted) needs to stay. Since Ben took over as HC, his go to goalie and the one he trust the most is Flores, but since DD doesn’t really care what Ben thinks or ask for his input on these matters, Flo is the one to go!

Reactions: mattommy98

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
How will anyone know DDD is in charge unless he changes something? History shows he will trade off someone unanticipated, overpay for a replacement who underperforms, and the fans will spend the whole season admiring the departed player's stats.

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
How will anyone know DDD is in charge unless he changes something? History shows he will trade off someone unanticipated, overpay for a replacement who underperforms, and the fans will spend the whole season admiring the departed player's stats.

Here is something interesting to keep an eye on for the first month.

The DeDobbelaer Pattern: The results from the first month are usually a good indicator of what DD will do next and perhaps where the team is headed.

22-23: 12 GP - 9 pts
…trade for older players; slow start; fire the coach; make trades; struggle to win games; make more trades at the deadline; finish last (20th overall)

23-24: 12 GP - 10 pts
…trade for older players; slow start; fire the coach; make trades; struggle to win games; make more trades at the deadline; finish last (20th overall)

24-25: So far 2 GP - 4 pts
…trade for older players; … I like Ben, so for his sake, I hope the IceDogs get off to a good start in the first 12 games.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024

The easy answer although he’s got you 2 wins is Flo gotta go

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
My guess: Bryant is the captain so he stays. The IceDogs don’t have many D, so NVV stays. The older forwards (05s and 06s) are not particular strong, so Loshko (NHL Drafted) needs to stay. Since Ben took over as HC, his go to goalie and the one he trust the most is Flores, but since DD doesn’t really care what Ben thinks or ask for his input on these matters, Flo is the one to go!
Flo is the reason you guys won 2 games this week.

If he gets rid of him over Bryant or NVV he is on drugs

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
Flo is the reason you guys won 2 games this week.

If he gets rid of him over Bryant or NVV he is on drugs
Robertson could and probably would be around the same as Flo he’s been good this weekend but usually when that happens he throws in a couple stinkers soon after

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Here is something interesting to keep an eye on for the first month.

The DeDobbelaer Pattern: The results from the first month are usually a good indicator of what DD will do next and perhaps where the team is headed.

22-23: 12 GP - 9 pts

23-24: 12 GP - 10 pts

24-25: So far 2 GP - 4 pts
…trade for older players; … I like Ben, so for his sake, I hope the IceDogs get off to a good start in the first 12 games.
finally, trades this off-season were not just for older players to keep the team from being blown out of every game until the deadline; Doherty, Brauti, Virgilio all have up to three years of eligibility remaining

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
finally, trades this off-season were not just for older players to keep the team from being blown out of every game until the deadline; Doherty, Brauti, Virgilio all have up to three years of eligibility remaining
Do yourself a favour and “fact check” your IceDog comments on our site.

You’re either just trolling or just know NOTHING about the Niagara IceDogs? You’re losing all credibility fast on here as a result.

It’s the same pattern the last three years. He brings in some older players, with none or possibly a couple of years of eligibility beyond the immediate season and then when he starts losing, trades players away for less than he paid for him. Those are the facts! If they don’t win early he’ll repeat the pattern

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad