Niagara Icedogs 2024-25 Season, Part I

three dog night

May 3, 2014
A good part of a lack of fans is fans bashing the team and owner.

Let's remember, we've come a long way and we finally have a team that we can be proud of and cheer for. It's a time for support and pride, not criticism.

Did he make mistakes when he first joined the team? Yes, but did the OHL do him any favours with their punishments and fines? NOT A CHANCE.

Remember, we have a young team with some promising stars who are here to entertain us. Yes, there were challenges and the team's performance was not up to par in the past, but let's focus on the potential and the bright future ahead.

It's important to remember that Sunday afternoon games are a shared experience among many OHL teams. Teams like Ottawa and Kingston have been dealing with this for as long as they've been around. We're not alone in this.

Enjoy what you have cheer for them and tell everyone about the great coaching and the players that are going to be stars so that others want to attend.

I swear this could be a team that is Guaranteed and M CUP birth and winning every game and some of you would still be bashing them.

Don't forget there are other cities that would love to have your team that are not presently OHL cities how will you feel if they move
They can’t move for a few years and where too

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
They can’t move for a few years and where too
Even if the owner paid up the lease in full and left, there would be someone else chomping at the bit to fill the vacancy. It's not like OHL hockey isn't right for Niagara. We have the fans and the facility.

It is funny in other threads I have been called MISTER GLOOM AND DOOM and I am near the level of some people on here.
Some people mistake honesty for pessimism.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Even if the owner paid up the lease in full and left, there would be someone else chomping at the bit to fill the vacancy. It's not like OHL hockey isn't right for Niagara. We have the fans and the facility.
A lot of other cities thought the same thing BUT that is not my point. When the Burkes were forced to sell from what I have read there were not a lot of people breaking down the doors to buy the team.

But that was not my point my point was that you are complaining about eh owner and the team. Think what it would be like if he had not bought the team.

As I said before a lot of people complained about Doug Springer in Kingston but if it was not for him the Fronts probably would not be in Kingston right now. Owning a jrB team is a lot different than and OHL team add to that all the crap that the players put the ownership through with their bullying.

My point is give the guy a break. He has finally found a good coach, has a GM that while a novice he will learn much as Cooper in Kingston is.

Enjoy the team. Do not look for issues that right now are not there. You guys have an awesome lineup that is going to also be good next year.

At the beginning of the year, none of you would have thought that

Flores would shine in nets
Van Vliet would be a plus-9 defender
Losho would still be here you guys had all heard the rumour that he was to be traded to Barrie

Based on the way these guys are playing, when Bryant came back, something had to happen.

If you kept Bryant who do you get rid of with the team on this run?

Otawa is in the same boat the difference would be tht we think everything has been explained to the players but still when Stonehouse comes back something has to give..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad