Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
One question that people in Kingston had to realize when Springer took over?

I will ask here.

When Burkes went to sell, how many people were offering to buy the team?

You do realize that you have a rookie GM who has little experience so he is going to need assistance from Boudreau and may make some mistakes.

That is my point. I look at this team, and it has a lot of early-round draft picks. It has a coach that has a pedegree,

It has had some strrange crap happen in the past that has to of affected things BUT all I am asking is what this team looks like at this stage of the season. How are they playing? what seems to be Boudreaus system?
IMO offensively they should be a decent team but the real question will be on D they’ll only have 1 D returning from last years team in the top 6 to start the season and I’m not as convinced as others are about the starting goaltender

Last edited:

mattommy98

Apr 3, 2023
No. He could go back to Sweden and play junior there. He could go to the BCHL for a year. I'd be floored if Niagara is even a passing thought in his mind.
Okay but also this is his in in the ohl, if his agent says he wants to play in ohl just not Niagara they will trade , may happen who knows

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
IMO offensively they should be a decent team but the real question will be on D they’ll only have 1 D returning from last years team in the top 6 to start the season and I’m not as convinced as others are about the starting goaltender
the 67s have some extra pieces that maybe wanted to move closer to home, and MacK could be available. Not sure what the proice would be but if you have a center that would go along way.

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024
the 67s have some extra pieces that maybe wanted to move closer to home, and MacK could be available. Not sure what the proice would be but if you have a center that would go along way.
Pretty sure that would give Niagara another OA and they already have 4

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Is this legit cause I saw multiple people say Niagara got loshko to trade to Barrie now it’s the other import
Niagara's press release said multiple times how big of a part of this years team he'll be. Would be very strange to turn around and trade him right after that.

You mean after Christmas break he plays one game before traded to Barrie?
After 1 regular season game is played, he's eligible to be traded to Barrie is what I was told. Apparently that rule was changed but in true CHL form, they didn't formally announce it. We'll see I guess

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Niagara's press release said multiple times how big of a part of this years team he'll be. Would be very strange to turn around and trade him right after that.

After 1 regular season game is played, he's eligible to be traded to Barrie is what I was told. Apparently that rule was changed but in true CHL form, they didn't formally announce it. We'll see I guess

Oh, good for Barrie and Niagara; and OHL fans I think

dogs777

Aug 13, 2024

It’s Niagara the strange things happening seem to be common under DDD

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
niagara is trading their import d for a depth pick from barrie, keeps getting better.
I'm sorry DD, but grow a pair.

This is clearly a situation where the player would only report if traded to a certain team and Barrie is strong-arming the Ice Dogs. Better to take nothing and let the player find a different league, than let teams walk over you for a mid asset

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

This is clearly a situation where the player would only report if traded to a certain team and Barrie is strong-arming the Ice Dogs. Better to take nothing and let the player find a different league, than let teams walk over you for a mid asset

agree. if its like a 5th round pick just tell everyone to screw off

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018

You can be sure that attached to that measly offer is a “bag of money”. I would bet on that!!!

Sam14

Mar 28, 2018
IceDog fans wondering how things can get worse? It’s right here 😂

Attachments

• IMG_0295.jpeg
    IMG_0295.jpeg
    171.9 KB · Views: 4

coolhandluc44

Jan 29, 2024
After being more active on this board the past few months and coming to understand the issues of ownership the one thought that crossed my mind is that is Gretzky still a minority owner? I get it that his involvement with the team is minimal to probably non-existent, but I would think at some level he has to know about the problems and reputation this team is developing in the hockey world and would not want to be associated with it.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
After being more active on this board the past few months and coming to understand the issues of ownership the one thought that crossed my mind is that is Gretzky still a minority owner? I get it that his involvement with the team is minimal to probably non-existent, but I would think at some level he has to know about the problems and reputation this team is developing in the hockey world and would not want to be associated with it.
no

Reactions: Section5Petes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad