Niagara IceDogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Heard Podrekar but who knowSomeone mentioned a depth player maybe coming to Niagara us that from Flint or Barrie

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I said that and it’s newton. why would flint want an import when they have 2 .

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Frolov
Right now Flint only has 1..... committed.

Unless you know something about the D man from Finland coming?

tdot

Jan 28, 2024
Heard Podrekar but who knowSomeone mentioned a depth player maybe coming to Niagara us tha

I said that and it’s newton. why would flint want an import when they have 2 .

I’d be shocked if it wasn’t Frolov
The only reason I could see Flint wanting Podrekar is that Flint has only signed their second-round import pick, not their first who is a D, maybe that signals he isn't coming and they could want an older defenceman to fill Bertucci's spot. I'm not saying he isn't because I don't know either way, just a thought.

From Niagara's perspective, trading Podrekar would be much smarter than trading Frolov as Frolov could be an important piece in a year or two when they will be looking to contend. At the same time, Podrekar likely will move on from the ohl after this season because he would be an OA.

But if you have heard Frolov I wouldn't be shocked at all as you have quality sources and Iceodgs often make questionable moves

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
The only reason I could see Flint wanting Podrekar is that Flint has only signed their second-round import pick, not their first who is a D, maybe that signals he isn't coming and they could want an older defenceman to fill Bertucci's spot. I'm not saying he isn't because I don't know either way, just a thought.

From Niagara's perspective, trading Podrekar would be much smarter than trading Frolov as Frolov could be an important piece in a year or two when they will be looking to contend. At the same time, Podrekar likely will move on from the ohl after this season because he would be an OA.

But if you have heard Frolov I wouldn't be shocked at all as you have quality sources and Iceodgs often make questionable moves
They would have to release the 1st round pick for a decent but not great import, why would flint do that, they wanted Frolov the entire time

Right now Flint only has 1..... committed.

Unless you know something about the D man from Finland coming?
no but he’s too good to release for a good but not great import d. I don’t think flint would have agreed unless Frolov was included

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
They would have to release the 1st round pick for a decent but not great import, why would flint do that, they wanted Frolov the entire time

no but he’s too good to release for a good but not great import d. I don’t think flint would have agreed unless Frolov was included
As always thanks! Your info is top notch, looking forward to seeing what's announced tomorrow.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If Niagara gets Newton & Brauti for Frolov, they did more than alright imo. We will just need to see how the whole trade breaks down

Reactions: three dog night

tdot

Jan 28, 2024
If Niagara gets Newton & Brauti for Frolov, they did more than alright imo. We will just need to see how the whole trade breaks down
I don't know but I would assume something goes to Flint on barries behalf or else I assume Icedogs would just trade with Barrie upright

bigsportsfan

Sep 28, 2012
The moves the IceDogs make often appear to be designed to rid the team of expensive scholarships. Last season the IceDogs made two trades with London where they grossly overpaid. Both those trades involved moving US born players (with expensive US scholarships) to London. London then played those US players for a handful of games before releasing them.

Frolov was a second round pick and if he demanded a gold scholarship package before signing, I could see the owner wanting to exchange him for a "cheaper" defenceman.

Reactions: knowescape

Dog Fan

Apr 22, 2017
If they trade Frolov, arguably the best defenseman on the team, then we should demand that the owner go with him. #SELLTHETEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad