Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah Marshmont

Long may he reign
May 10, 2012
Pretty sure they don't get paid for the playoffs. The salary cap exists under the guise of keeping things competitive but in reality it's to control spending by the owners.

I agree the LTIR loophole needs to be closed. The spirit if LTIR is to allow for a temporary replacement player while the injured one is out, but it's turned losing star players to injury into an advantage. Maybe they could do something like cap LTIR usage. If you use over $1.5 mil of LTIR that becomes cap penalty the next season. Shouldn't be a problem if you're just using your prospects in the minors to fill in.
Just do what they do for buried players. League minimum + a few hundred k to fill the spot

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty sure they don't get paid for the playoffs. The salary cap exists under the guise of keeping things competitive but in reality it's to control spending by the owners.

I agree the LTIR loophole needs to be closed.

Anything that promotes player movement in a salary cap system overall is a good thing. Trades/potential trades are a big part of being a fan of a sport.

It's like people who get worked up over tanking. Or would like to see some ridiculous rule where bottom feeder teams "compete" for their draft pick position like the PWHL has gone to. So what those people are really saying is they want LESS trades. Because if it wasn't for this annual extravaganza of non-playoff teams unloading their UFAs for draft picks and prospects, there wouldn't be much trade activity to talk about in the National Hockey League. I daresay a message board like this losses half of it's traffic if trades were drastically reduced.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Anything that promotes player movement in a salary cap system overall is a good thing. Trades/potential trades are a big part of being a fan of a sport.

It's like people who get worked up over tanking. Or would like to see some ridiculous rule where bottom feeder teams "compete" for their draft pick position like the PWHL has gone to. So what those people are really saying is they want LESS trades. Because if it wasn't for this annual extravaganza of non-playoff teams unloading their UFAs for draft picks and prospects, there wouldn't be much trade activity to talk about in the National Hockey League. I daresay a message board like this losses half of it's traffic if trades were drastically reduced.
80% of the posts in this board are about needing THUMP and GRIT so I disagree with your final premise.

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Bruins don’t have picks and can’t afford to trade prospects. We went in last year and lost this year see what going to happen hopefully after cleaning money we be on board

No one had Bertuzzi or Orlov going to the Bruins last season. Let's see what Sweeney is cooking.
I agree but can’t giving up first rounders

Reactions: lopey

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Baseless speculation in my part, but if Emily Kaplan is saying Bruins are a team to watch tomorrow, and we didn’t scratch anyone tonight….could Linus be on the move? We have nothing else to offer and I’d be shocked if we’d play someone that was a centerpiece in a deal…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad