Post-Game Talk: NHL TRADE DEADLINE - MARCH 8 - HF Bruins Discord backup is open

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
Thanks for the info. Can’t click “like” as I was really liking the 3 way trade where we get Lindholm.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
On the side of Donny moving UFAs. This organization can not continue to let UFAs walk for nothing. That is why we have no draft picks. Lindholm not coming to Boston. Hanifin dreamers see him off to Vegas. No ability to make good offers and our prospects are not top notch and not sought after by other teams. No centers, no defense, no extra scorers. Too many holes and likely a 1st or 2nd round exit. Doesn't make sense to leave a 5 million dollar goalie sit on the bench. Make difficult decisions and plan for the future.

mid range UFAs leaving is not a big deal. it's more of a common practice. you replace that mid range guy with a different one via UFA.
but obviously you don't want core guys leaving via UFA.

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Well if Donny doesn't make any UFA moves than I hope we hear that he has done some signing. Swayman for 5 million. DeBrusk is signed for another year for his same cap hit. Grzelcyk signed for 1.5 million. Henein resigned for $.800, At least we can try to move them next year.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
I like Kaplan saying that there’s smoke on major moves for Boston. I agree, and it’s part of the reason nothing is getting done.

Linus has to go first, and teams are dragging it out. Linus going is the major move. Safe bet.

They don’t have any flexibility until they swing a few cap clearing deals.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Well if Donny doesn't make any UFA moves than I hope we hear that he has done some signing. Swayman for 5 million. DeBrusk is signed for another year for his same cap hit. Grzelcyk signed for 1.5 million. Henein resigned for $.800, At least we can try to move them next year.
Way off. Swayman is getting $7M minimum, likely more. Heinen is getting $2M minimum. Grizz $3M

remer

Oct 18, 2005
Way off. Swayman is getting $7M minimum, likely more. Heinen is getting $2M minimum. Grizz $3M
I know. But if you are not moving them, I would prefer we pay a few of these guys less. Obviously Swayman will get paid but $12 million on the bench doesn't work.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Just saw something on leaf pregame that made me wonder - why does the league cap at a certain amount for 82 games only to allow 100 million dollar rosters in the playoffs

Seems off
Pretty sure they don't get paid for the playoffs. The salary cap exists under the guise of keeping things competitive but in reality it's to control spending by the owners.

I agree the LTIR loophole needs to be closed. The spirit if LTIR is to allow for a temporary replacement player while the injured one is out, but it's turned losing star players to injury into an advantage. Maybe they could do something like cap LTIR usage. If you use over $1.5 mil of LTIR that becomes cap penalty the next season. Shouldn't be a problem if you're just using your prospects in the minors to fill in.

Reactions: NeelyDan

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
LA should be all over Ullmark with everyone else around them getting stronger. Getting Ullmark would be a great answer for Vegas and Edmonton beefing up as much as they have.
Yeah, I said a while back…

Linus, DeBrusk, and Gryz

For

Dubois, Mikey Anderson, and a 3rd

No one liked it. Haha

Reactions: Gordoff

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022

"Grzelcyk signed for 1.5 million."

The Bruins are not even going to get out of the 1st round with Gryz as a 1st pair D-man. He sucks. He's a 3rd pair D-man at best. Always fun to watch him get abused in the playoffs

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad