NHL tracking posts hit in 2023-24, Auston Matthews is #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
I mean what does this say even? Maybe he is a bad shooter, accuracy-wise so he hits the post a lot?
You serious?

If you hit the post and it goes in, is that a hit post and a goal or just a goal?

Kind of curious how often a player hits a post and it goes in versus how many times they hit a post and it does not.
Or since a shot off a post doesnt register as a shot on net. You technically score without shooting on net.

Avs2022

Jan 4, 2011
Interesting to see Rants as 2nd. In previous years, I swear Makar would ring one of the post every game. Was beyond frustrating, a matter of inches.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Josh Anderson is just going to sit at the side of the net, ring them off the outside of the post now and hope a GM believes that equates to almost goals

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

benfranklin

Jun 29, 2024
Weird flex but he's also tied for most missed wide with Forsberg with 130, tied for 2nd in Crossbars with 5, and the overall leader at missed shots at 165.

2023 he wasnt in the top 50 of posts hit, but still 4th overall in missed.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
talk about a desperate attempt to pump some ones tires. Talking about hit posts is like talking about girls you stuck out with. You still did not score

Agreed.

This is also my argument when adjusted stats get brought up.

But, you didn’t score that money goals

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Using number of posts hit as a measure of success is among the dumber concepts I've ever heard.

Flames media/fans were the pioneers of this two years ago when their bad season was explained away with "bad luck! Leading the league in posts hit!"

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
No he isn’t

God you people love to just argue about everything. I think a high degree of people don’t consider Matthews and Ovechkin the same generation much the same way they don’t consider McDavid and Crosby the same generation. These are torches that have been passed. And assuming there is no Ovechkin, there’s essentially zero argument against the statement you quoted.

Using number of posts hit as a measure of success is among the dumber concepts I've ever heard.

Flames media/fans were the pioneers of this two years ago when their bad season was explained away with "bad luck! Leading the league in posts hit!"

I think it’s only meaningful in any sense here because Matthews led the league and scored such a huge number of goals (69) while also leading the league in posts hit. I don’t think it’s remotely noteworthy otherwise.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
God you people love to just argue about everything. I think a high degree of people don’t consider Matthews and Ovechkin the same generation much the same way they don’t consider McDavid and Crosby the same generation. These are torches that have been passed. And assuming there is no Ovechkin, there’s essentially zero argument against the statement you quoted.

I think it’s only meaningful in any sense here because Matthews lead the league and scored such a huge number of goals while also leading the league in posts hit. I don’t think it’s remotely noteworthy otherwise.
Sorry I didn’t mean it like that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad