NHL Team Prospect Pool Strength Rankings (July 2024)

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Prospect pool is poor. Very good u25 talent on the roster though. Stutzle, Sanderson, Tkachuk, Pinto, Grieg. Batherson, Chabot, Zub are solid support players. Norris is a wildcard, Ullmark will be a big upgrade.

I like the position they are in going into this season. Many are down on the team, with good reason. They clearly underperformed last season. The moves this offseason allow better fits with the lineup. Last season nothing slotted together and the team was less than the sum of its parts.

Shane Diesel

Mods are corporate stooges
Jun 8, 2021

And there you go, it has as much to do with timing as it does anything else, you said it yourself:
lol, one team just sold for the highest number at the time, and has a new owner and management,
The coyotes were asked to hand in their keys.

Still, the Coyotes going for more is pretty funny.

Edit: even at 7% inflation the Senators would only go for $1,016,500,000 in 2024. You can't even argue the difference in values was solely inflation related.

Last edited:

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Yeah I agree. At least the sens have a chance of some of their guys taking another step. Pens guys are only getting worse as they age and haven’t got a prospect pool to envy either.

Plus FSG seem perfectly fine with missing the playoffs year in year out/continuing to let Sullivan and Dumbass run this team into the ground.

It’s disgusting.

Reactions: farscape1 and Crow

Shane Diesel

Mods are corporate stooges
Jun 8, 2021
Numbers are skewed slightly by games in Sweden. Either way, for a team playing well below expectations, missing the playoffs for a 7th straight season, solid showing by the fans in a small market.
I disagree. I don't think being nearly bottom quartile in anything is all that impressive. Small market or not.

But at least Ottawa is ahead of Calgary and Winnipeg, I guess.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Don't know. Still getting a read on the new ownership.

I don't understand the Travis Green hiring but I hated when my team hired Brind'Amour as coach so, grain of salt and all that.

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Prospect pool is poor. Very good u25 talent on the roster though. Stutzle, Sanderson, Tkachuk, Pinto, Grieg. Batherson, Chabot, Zub are solid support players. Norris is a wildcard, Ullmark will be a big upgrade.

I like the position they are in going into this season. Many are down on the team, with good reason. They clearly underperformed last season. The moves this offseason allow better fits with the lineup. Last season nothing slotted together and the team was less than the sum of its parts.

How anyone can think the senators are in a good position going into the season baffles me

They played so terribly last season, and they are in the best division in the NHL.

Who are they going to be better than in the next 3 seasons at least?

Boston?
Toronto?
Florida?
Tampa?

Senators are better off throwing in the towel and starting a 5 year rebuild and hope to hit their stride as the cream of the Atlantic starts slowing down

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Sens have enough young guys on their roster that a quick turnaround is possible. I like Jensen to help stabilize their blueline - much better fit than Chychrun was. And stable goaltending can have a massive domino effect. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they are a playoff team. All their key guys are still young and improving

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Senators put all their eggs into the baskets of the young guys they had coming up early, instead of continuing to stockpile high-end talent

They tried to rush the rebuild and only Tkachuk and Stuetzle will shine from that forward group; Norris is an injury or two away from early retirement and Batherson staggered in his development (there was a time Senators fans had him over Jesper Bratt)

They can still right the ship but itll require some hard-to-make trades and cap wizardry
That Norris contract made me think Bratt was going to get like 9M.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
They have some really good players that are 22 years of age or younger on the roster already (Stutzle, Sanderson, Greig). Prospect pool rankings don’t determine who has the best future lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad