Almost Canada
Part of the hostage trade lol?
giphy.gif

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

1722771542165.png

1722771556776.png

I'm not an expert on RA or the CBA, but why/how would you enter the PA program for a medical issue like this instead of going on IR?

You want to give Kuzy the benefit of the doubt but he's lied to everyone before. Is he trying to set the stage for his new KHL stint with a new story? Was he afraid a diagnosis of RA would sour any trades? Isn't that against the CBA...to hide medical information? Wouldn't that have come out during due diligence?

This seems strange, and very Kuzy.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Lost in translation??? Those statements don’t really all line up. They “had no idea” they “couldn’t figure it out” they “didn’t believe me.”

Maybe one day we’ll get a 30 for 30

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Lost in translation??? Those statements don’t really all line up. They “had no idea” they “couldn’t figure it out” they “didn’t believe me.”

Maybe one day we’ll get a 30 for 30
Plus didn't he go into the next phase of PA which was pretty punitive? Why would you do that, and incur risk to your reputation when you're looking for a trade?

He could've gone on IR with some kind if undisclosed lower/upper body thing, right? Then you come off and that's it. There's no PA program fog over your name.

I don't know how much of this is OK to speculate here, but it seems like he may be coming up with excuses for failing a test. The story is hard to process based on the little bit of information there so....

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Plus didn't he go into the next phase of PA which was pretty punitive? Why would you do that, and incur risk to your reputation when you're looking for a trade?

He could've gone on IR with some kind if undisclosed lower/upper body thing, right? Then you come off and that's it. There's no PA program fog over your name.

I don't know how much of this is OK to speculate here, but it seems like he may be coming up with excuses for failing a test. The story is hard to process based on the little bit of information there so....

From a marketing standpoint, it's easier and better to blame a physical ailment then just say: Sorry, I was more interested in doing coke, getting tattoos, and playing video games.

Reactions: PlushMinus and um

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Brilliant move.

Nice to see that someone has the balls to do that.

Reactions: um

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Broberg doesn't do it for me but I do appreciate actual offer sheets being tendered and signed.

Agree that they'll probably match on Holloway and take the compensation for Broberg

Last edited:

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

The day Joe B and Locker retire will be a sad one. That said doesn't sound like they will do so anytime soon :)

It might come faster than you think. I wouldn't mind the change to be honest. Don't think they could pull what they did with Buckhanz and Chenier even though they were clearly slipping the last couple of season. Caps fanbase would probably flip out.

Actually Beninati is only 4 years older than me so he'll probably be around. Laughlin is 66.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
It might come faster than you think. I wouldn't mind the change to be honest. Don't think they could pull what they did with Buckhanz and Chenier even though they were clearly slipping the last couple of season. Caps fanbase would probably flip out.

Actually Beninati is only 4 years older than me so he'll probably be around. Laughlin is 66.
They will be around until OV retires. With the next era will come new broadcasters. I’ll be sad, but i know the change will be needed.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

After a landmark settlement in July, member schools as soon as 2025 could choose to directly pay their athletes more than $20 million collectively per year, to say nothing of the money already in play as a result of athletes marketing their name, image and likeness. In plenty of ways, it represents an existential shift, and it’s taking place because of a series of lawsuits and legislative action aimed at allowing collegiate athletes to be paid for their labor. They wouldn’t be classified as “employees” under the terms of July’s settlement; they would, however, take home a larger piece of the revenue pie, and be able to participate in something more closely resembling a free market. Through it all, men’s hockey had managed to avoid legal challenges specific to its corner of the NCAA landscape. On Monday, though, that changed.

What effect would a rule change have on the game?​

It could change entry-level contracts in the NHL, for one; when teams draft a player out of the CHL, they hold his rights for two years. For NCAA players, it’s four years.

It would fundamentally alter the talent pool in the NCAA, maybe most directly due to an influx of older players who’d join college teams after their CHL careers end. It’d be specifically interesting to see which Division I teams benefit most; would low-end programs use CHL veterans to close the gap, or would talent continue to coalesce at top schools? It would certainly devastate Junior A leagues like the USHL, the current default home for high-school-aged players who want to maintain their NCAA eligibility. Macklin Celebrini, the No. 1 pick in the 2024 NHL Draft, is a perfect example. He played a season with the USHL’s Chicago Steel before heading to Boston University. In a different world, players like him would have the option to spend a year or two with a CHL team before they were college-aged — and then, NCAA coaches would have to convince them to leave their CHL team. Avoiding that, along with more generally making changes during what has been a profitable and positive run for college hockey, would seem to be the reason the rule is still on the books in 2024.

Reactions: Marshall

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
As figured, Laine a cap dump. Ridiculous. Masterful for the Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00