NHL News/Notes XIX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Never going to happen, not in the real world, but the NHL refusing to air any alcohol advertisements during broadcasts would be something good that could come out of this...

Reactions: teal

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Yet a handful of NHL owners (Bruins and Canadiens for two) owe their fortune to alcohol sales.

So, I cannot see the owners collectively pushing for an alcohol ban.

(The NHLPA and many teams offer "free" transportation for players so they don't have to drink and drive.)

Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
welp we don't have to worry about Edmonton winning a cup once our window opens back up. They just signed themselves into cap hell.
Eh. I don't like him much...he's overrated. I think Edmonton is making a mistake having him as their #2. But if he's as good as many believe, then he's hands-down worth that contract. May hurt in years 5+, but the cap is also set to jump.

The real problem isn't the star players, but everyone else. Nurse, Campbell, etc. One has to wonder if someone like Bouchard is worth keeping.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Marc Staal joins brither Eric in the retirement part of career, will also become part of a front office in player development.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad