NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread - PHASE SEVEN! Part One!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Team Urban Myth - Existence of Birds

#PoultryGate

I'm sick and tired of people falling for this one. Birds are not real. They're drones, built by the government to spy on you.

"We needed a way to keep an eye on the American citizens without them knowing. It was imperative, for their own safety of course. We hired only the best. It took years. We designed, built, tested, failed. We persisted. Eventually, over decades, we had it. A fleet of covert technological surveillance devices unlike anything the world had ever seen. We called them, 'Birds'"
- Richard Nixon (1978)

All the real birds were killed off between 1959 and 1971 and quickly replaced with the "birds" we see today.

Click here to educate yourselves and learn the full history.

52B3E1E9-C291-417B-833B-FF0EA8C45C2A_large_70b3c1a4-4612-4878-8fec-7e7ba07d08e4_480x480.jpg

B032FDDD-542F-4B29-9487-476661E44B56_480x480.jpeg

#lore

@Hurricane28

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
Team apparel company somewhat felt serendipitous, since it shares the initials with our team attack vehicle. They are also a provider of diverse apparel, owning several recognizable brands such as Vans, Dickies, and North Face. Given the culture of California, the focus on outdoor and athletic apparel in their portfolio is important. We will also be able to diversify into some sustainable and workwear apparel lines, as well as accessories, backpacks, and even luggage to haul all your team-related gear.

Team Apparel Company: VF Corporation

Our team Chain Restaurant was considered for our fast food category, but we decided it was not quite fast food. It fits perfectly here, though. Not a national chain, they are well known in the Los Angeles area and certainly fit the bill. And who doesn't love chicken and waffles?

Team Chain Restaurant: Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles

maxresdefault.jpg

@pit is up again.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
230px-Armstrongblues.jpg

GM Doug: Team apparel? Do I look like the kind of guy who knows anything about clothing?

upload_2021-4-28_20-58-28.png

Noah Hanifin: I mean, looks pretty good to me. Classic three button polo look you're rocking there.
GM Doug: Thanks Noah. Check the nametag in the back of this shirt and then I've knocked another category off.
bvl1jptl1becb6mprpkq.gif

NH: But is that the way to go?
GM Doug: You said it looks good.
NH: Yeah, but don't we have, like, a responsibility to the planet and all?
GM Doug: My punk rock Dorito protesting roots say yes.
NH: Right on.
GM Doug: So, uh, are there actually any good clothing companies?
NH: One is off the board, but I know another that is ethically manufactured and reduces plastic pollution. Also, they make polos.
GM Doug: Sold! Make that pick my good man.

NH: The Chimpanzees are pleased to select tentree as our apparel company (Sustainable Clothing by tentree® | Shop Organic + Plant 10 Trees)

GM Doug: Nice work Noah. A nice non-controversial pick, getting back to our leftist ethos. All well done. @Captain Dave Poulin is up.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm going to finish off my Legend players for this phase by going for someone who fits the feline profile of my organization, and forms a nice tandem with fellow Leaf Johnny Bower. The Cat.

72326562.0.jpg

Team Goaltender - Felix Potvin

@DancingPanther

Another one of those goalies that inspired a lot of kids to play goalie. He was fun to watch.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The Ghibli suffer no fools. We know the troll tendencies of some organizations, so we need to act quickly and decisively.

The Honolulu Ghibli are proud and destined to select as their Team Movie Character, Magua.

One of the great heroes of modern cinema, Magua is singularly guided by justice and integrity, after the murder of his family and his enslavement by the Yengeese and their leader, the Grey Hair. A crime only second to his lack of an Academy Award nomination (Al Pacino needed a second nomination for Glengarry Glen Ross? David Paymer for Mr. Saturday Night? Who the f*** even saw that movie). Magua is a fierce warrior, political prognosticator, and always has the longest view in the room. I will teach my children to live their lives with the same noble qualities of Magua.

Join us in our hockey endeavors, Magua.

tumblr_mv6kqfSI5R1s3mh3to5_500.gifv

No, you're coming to us. You'll dig Honolulu. Trust.

tumblr_mv6kqfSI5R1s3mh3to5_500.gifv

Magua, my dude, do you not understand?

tumblr_ne0yg8C0HR1qakh43o5_500.gifv

Okay, while we sort out the logistics of this..... @Lord Defect , you can make your selection.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
After thinking of a few possible apparel companies the Pufts have chosen a company that’s reach is vast. They also happen to be based out of St. Paul.
From coveralls to, high visibility, to flame resistant and flame Pejorative Slurant clothing, to pretty much everything else under the sun.
3CD88E16-796F-4358-8363-391E797D257D.jpeg

@JojoTheWhale science, applied to life.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Good morning, cosmonauts. Draft Day is here! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

xXvZDgN.png

We start the day with @JojoTheWhale on the clock, @Young Sandwich on deck, @Hollywood Couturier on the lido deck, and @mja on the lido afterdeck.

I realized yesterday that I wouldn't have to sit through this whole NHL game tonight, because of the NFL Draft. Here was my reaction:

iFQBkgN.gif

We'll get our own football draft going after this weekend, so we can include these guys getting chosen tonight in our picks after we know where they'll be. But don't worry, non-football guys - HC and I never lose focus on the big bird laying the golden eggs at the center of this endeavor. We are nowhere near finished, nor will we ever be. Remember to follow the three principles of the Quackverse:

1. No Duplicates
2. ABD (Always Be Drafting)
3. ABS (Always Be Shopping)

I haven't had a sale since March lolz but it's my own fault for not adding new shit - I will eventually, and hopefully soonish. Know why? BECAUSE I'M A MOTHERF***ING BUSINESSMAN! Just remember to be nice to me today - I'm getting two earfuls of Nate F***ing Burleson this morning, so I am going to be aggravated for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad