NHL Mega-Mock Draft Reboot - Discussion / Draft Thread – THANK YOU, HELLO PHASE TWENTY-SEVEN!

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
2c2njn8qohj01.gif.4081c9701ff75550a187f46bb3fa3e64.gif

Team War Movie: The Bridge on the River Kwai

@CanadianFlyer88

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@DancingPanther we decided that there was too much overlap between @mja's pick of Pompeii and your choice of the amphitheater. It's hard to explain, but the amphitheater is a major part of the city, which isn't huge to begin with, and he picked the city because it (the whole thing) was a disaster zone, which is #Lore for his shit. Sorry. I think this is fair, though.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Happy weekend, nerds!

giphy.gif

We start the day with @Rebels57 on the clock, @BernieParent on deck, @Hollywood Cannon on the lido deck, and Bigglesworth on the lido afterdeck.

I watched "Priscilla" last night. It was pretty boring, but it's from Sofia Coppola, so it was dripping with good taste. Both of the leads were very good - I can't imagine how terrible that tool Austin Texas was in the other Elvis movie.

I just realized that one of my planned picks this phase is ineligible. Damn it.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
"For our selection of Team Villain, the owners of the Halifax Galleons looked for someone with a redemption arc, or at least a potential one. Someone who was on the side of goodness but for one reason or another committed a heinous offense. We choose Judas Iscariot, from The Chosen.

the-chosen-judas.jpg

"Despite being one of Jesus' 12 apostles, Judas agreed to betray Jesus to the Sanhedrin for 30 pieces of silver. It is unknown what motivated him. After Jesus had been taken into custody, Judas was overcome by guilt, tossed the bag of coins at the feet of the chief priests, and went and hanged himself. His name became synonymous with betrayal."

We open the next draft pick to whoever is ready to do so.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I cleaned the bathroom this morning. I'm pretty great, right? I know.

pZP96X@small.gif

We start the day with ... chaos. Maximum Chaos. Let's do this. @Lord Defect, @Rebels57, @Hollywood Cannon and Bigglesworth are all on the clock. Whoever goes first, that is the person who goes first. And then the next person, and so on, and so on.

I watched "Godzilla Minus One" last night. If you haven't watched it yet, you should. That is all.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
And so it begins, but first, happy Father’s Day to all you degenerate baby daddies!

IMG_2001.gif

Now lemme tell ya somethin bout hard times baybeh! Methgatas nation knows hard times! When you break your favorite crack pipe baybeh, that’s hard times! When you payin’ support to 3 different baybeh mommas, that’s hard times! And when you can’t even afford a bottle of Boone’s Farm, oh brotha, them is hard times!!
IMG_8381.gif

Now the Dream knows hard times too baybeh! But I also know a TV famileh that once knew hard times but then they struck gold, black gold baybeh!! So, settle back on yo porch, stomp them feet, and welcome to Jacksonville, the official tv famileh of the Methgatas baybeh, THE CLAMPETTS!!!
IMG_8383.gif

Someone come set a spell and make a pick, ya hear?

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Oi, what a mess. That is the way you spell "Oi" in Swedish. In Yiddish, it would be "Oy." You're welcome.

YiM4H1.gif

Speaking of the mess ... I guess we'll say that Biff can go when he notices and decides to go. Otherwise, @Lord Defect, @Rebels57, and @Hollywood Cannon are all up at the same time.

Oi. Did you see that meltdown in the golf that gave that douche shambles the Open title? F***'s sake.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I've missed much of the action of the Euros so far. Because I keep forgetting it's on. Getting old f***ing sucks balls.

giphy.gif

We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, @Lord Defect on the clock, and Young Sandwich on deck with a gross pair (phrasing).

I got my new laptop yesterday. The first one was lovely, but it didn't work worth a shit. This one, so far, is a beaut. It's so nice to have things running quickly. I know it has been a while since any of you had to use Windows 8 (and many of you never had to) - for me, it has been since yesterday. That thing was ... well. It got me through to now, anyway, and now's Windows is f***ing pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I've missed much of the action of the Euros so far. Because I keep forgetting it's on. Getting old f***ing sucks balls.

giphy.gif

We start the day with @Beef Invictus on the clock, @Hollywood Cannon on the clock, @Lord Defect on the clock, and Young Sandwich on deck with a gross pair (phrasing).

I got my new laptop yesterday. The first one was lovely, but it didn't work worth a shit. This one, so far, is a beaut. It's so nice to have things running quickly. I know it has been a while since any of you had to use Windows 8 (and many of you never had to) - for me, it has been since yesterday. That thing was ... well. It got me through to now, anyway, and now's Windows is f***ing pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty good.

It came! How’s the keyboard?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

giphy.gif

Yesterday got weird. Do you know why? I was pondering things. I pondered why I always get bored on Path of Exile, and I realized it's because there is absolutely no build diversity. Want to be a stabby fencer? No, you'll only throw lava rocks. Want to be a necromancer? That's cool. You'll have a corpse friend who will watch you throw lava rocks. For all its humongous skill trees and such, it all comes down to whatever skill is meta before the devs nerf it into oblivion because people are having fun which is not allowed. Unlike Diablo 4, which is a properly thought-out game with build diversity and options.

Anyway I'll pick. Soon.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Thank you CDP! Impatient CDP! Haughty CDP! Embalmed CDP!

I pick a haunted place. A "haunted" place, more of an urban legend that ghost hunters work hard to pretend is haunted. Because holy f*** I do not want to spend my time fighting ghosts when we move existences, what is wrong with you people?

I pick:

Bunny Man Bridge, very local to me

@Young Sandwich !! Pickled Sandwich! Roasted Sandwich! Panininied sandwich!

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Yesterday got weird. Do you know why? I was pondering things. I pondered why I always get bored on Path of Exile, and I realized it's because there is absolutely no build diversity. Want to be a stabby fencer? No, you'll only throw lava rocks. Want to be a necromancer? That's cool. You'll have a corpse friend who will watch you throw lava rocks. For all its humongous skill trees and such, it all comes down to whatever skill is meta before the devs nerf it into oblivion because people are having fun which is not allowed. Unlike Diablo 4, which is a properly thought-out game with build diversity and options.

Anyway I'll pick. Soon.

.....I hope The Child succeeds. This is the worst post in the history of this board.

Almost every skill in the game is viable. Some just take more currency and/or work to do the very hardest content. Unless it's something obviously a joke like Conversion Trap, it can clear all non-uber bosses and T16 maps without issues on a budget of less than 5 Divines.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad