GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I didn’t know there was such a thing as naming rights for a different sport… They have a damn lake too! ;)
Well I think it’s okay for some teams to share names. But the Lakers are a worldwide brand so I feel they’d have the right to veto. I could be wrong.

Reactions: KFlint

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Florida Panthers and Carolina Panthers?
Winnipeg Jets and NY Jets?
Exactly, none of them are worldwide brands. No one cares about any of those teams.

Only thing that kind of fits is the SF and NY Giants. But both teams pretty much existed in the 1930s before worldwide recognition of either sport. I feel it would be different creating a team with such a name today.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Top end Dmen never make it to FA. Only mid no3-4 do and they get massively overpaid.

Getting a FA F is much easier as they hit the market more often and the promise to play with Bedard can be enticing.

For that reason Chicago will go D.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Just did it twice, stay at 5th on the 1st try and 3rd on second try?! Must be lucky to get that pick...

Who do we draft 3rd???

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Top end Dmen never make it to FA. Only mid no3-4 do and they get massively overpaid.

Getting a FA F is much easier as they hit the market more often and the promise to play with Bedard can be enticing.

For that reason Chicago will go D.
Getting a UFA can be an insurmountable obstacle for several markets regardless of position. For those markets, it’s more about drafting, developing and trading — I guess that’s a problem for the lucky handful.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
I get that but If the name is short then you can have Salt Lake City. Like I don't know, Salt Lake City Saints(?).

Also I love that Salt Lake City gets to have a team, not Utah. lol
Well they would never be the Saints…..Utah is known for Mormons not the Catholic Church. I guess they could be the Salt Lake City Latter Day Saints?!? Lol.

That’s not a religious take whatsoever. Just humor.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
It's going most likely 1, 2, 5 or 6.

3 and 7 would need a miracle.
Pick #7 is more likely than Pick #1, 2, or 3

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 11.46.21.png

Reactions: Troyp

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I was just throwing Saints cause it's a short name. lol Maybe the Blades?
I like Blades, but it has 0 references to SLC. The owner was hinting he wanted a name to represent the city or the state. Grizzly is already taken. It would a horrible marketing fumble if he just called it Utah HC..

It's going most likely 1, 2, 5 or 6.

3 and 7 would need a miracle.
0.3 is still much higher than the chances you've got at winning Loto Max, and that was won several weeks ago ;)

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
I like Blades, but it has 0 references to SLC. The owner was hinting he wanted a name to represent the city or the state. Grizzly is already taken. It would a horrible marketing fumble if he just called it Utah HC..
Utah is the honey bee state - so maybe Utah Stingers / Sting or Utah Salty Bees

Reactions: vokiel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad