GDT: NHL 2024 Draft Lottery: Tuesday, May 7th, 6:30 pm | ESPN, ESPN+, SN, TVAS, Fubo (live stream with free trial) (Habs pick 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
MOD edit: Teams can move up maximum of 10 spots. It's a count down of all 16 teams that missed playoffs.

Current Draft Order:

16. St. Louis Blues
15. Detroit Red Wings
14. Pittsburgh Penguins (SJS own this pick due to Karlsson trade)
13. Minnesota Wild
12. Philadelphia Flyers
11. Buffalo Sabres
10. New Jersey Devils
9. Calgary Flames
8. Seattle Kraken
7. Ottawa Senators
6. Utah Hockey Club
5. Montreal Canadiens
4. Columbus Blue Jackets
3. Anaheim Ducks
2. Chicago Blackhawks
1. San Jose Sharks

Just excited about the Celebrini sweepstakes. T-minus 3 days until we find out!

I have this horrible gut feeling Chicago or Utah wins 1st Ov.

Last edited by a moderator:

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
Wait the new team is refered as "Utah" instead of "Salt Lake City"? That sucks.
Salt Lake City is too long of a name. I think SLC is great but Utah is so much easier to say. My vote based on the names they put in a copyright for would be (1) Yeti and (2) Blizzard. The worst by a wide margin in my opinion is “Fury”. This sounds like the name of a WNBA or womens soccer team.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Why can't the actual lottery be shown? Not the final results but the bingo balls being shown?

They do release the draft lottery video.

Here is the lottery from 2022:

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think we all know the hockey gods want maximum drama, so we're going to move up to #2, which will make our fanbase tear each other apart because there's no consensus. Celebrini is an easy pick, but at #2 its tricky.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Bob Mckenzie usually gives an updated draft rankings on lottery day. It will be interesting to see what his top 5 looks like now

Reactions: Rozz

BergevinBurner

Sep 27, 2019
Bob Mckenzie usually gives an updated draft rankings on lottery day. It will be interesting to see what his top 5 looks like now
I feel like it'll consist of Celebrini, Demidov, Levshunov, Buium and Lindstrom in some order.

I could see some risers making it into the top 5 in some scouts lists, but I don't think they'll be unanimous enough on them to make it into Bob's top 5.

Reactions: Jabba11

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The issue is that Salt Lake City sounds way better. It is such a legendary city as well for sports. With the multiple winter Olympics and so forth. Why do they have waste something so good right out of the crib.
They want the whole states support though.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Salt Lake City is too long of a name. I think SLC is great but Utah is so much easier to say. My vote based on the names they put in a copyright for would be (1) Yeti and (2) Blizzard. The worst by a wide margin in my opinion is “Fury”. This sounds like the name of a WNBA or womens soccer team.

I get that but If the name is short then you can have Salt Lake City. Like I don't know, Salt Lake City Saints(?).

Also I love that Salt Lake City gets to have a team, not Utah. lol

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I just love the sound of the Utah Lakers, yet nobody has been thinking of it apparently… well, I did what I could :)

• Haha
Reactions: Kimota

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I just love the sound of the Utah Lakers, yet nobody has been thinking of it apparently… well, I did what I could :)
Don’t really think the LA Lakers would approve of that.

It always reminds me of how dumb the CFL is. 8 teams and two had the same name.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
Don’t really think the LA Lakers would approve of that.

It always reminds me of how dumb the CFL is. 8 teams and two had the same name.
I didn’t know there was such a thing as naming rights for a different sport… They have a damn lake too! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad