NHL/hockey TV ratings 2024-25

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
NHL , a league supposedly part of the major 4, having there opening games get beaten out by the wnba is absolutely embarrassing no matter how you spin it.
If the NHL can't exist in a market where more than four professional sports leagues are popular, then it's time for the NHL to just fold up. It's over.

Obviously, that's absurd, it's totally fine to be beaten by WNBA games and NBA preseason games and Mexican soccer games. All of that can happen and the NHL can be fine simultaneously

Coinneach

Feb 1, 2014
Czech Republic
NHL TV ratings 2024/25

October:

Blues-Kraken: 348k (ESPN)
Bruins-Panthers: 790k (ESPN, non-exclusive)
Blackhawks-Utah: 522k (ESPN)
Rangers-Penguins: 467k (TNT+truTV)
Avalanche-Golden Knights 315k (TNT+truTV)
Wild-Blues: 417k (ESPN)
Flyers-Oilers: 333k (ESPN)
Sabres-Penguins: 512k (TNT+truTV)
Bruins-Avalanche: 340k (TNT+truTV)
Capitals-Flyers: 477k (ESPN)
Avalanche-Kraken: 422k (ESPN)
Kings-Golden Knights: 245k (ESPN)
Flyers-Capitals: 410k (TNT+truTV)

Last edited:

Joe from Maine

Jun 6, 2019
Brutal start all around. Pathetic numbers. No other way to spin it.
My question is brutal compared to what? Not sure the article that said losing audience at an alarming rate is very accurate after only two weeks. I wonder if hockey feed had an article after or during the playoffs last year that said hockey is gaining fans at an alarming rate with great ratings? At a quick glance MLB averaged 375K viewers for the regular season last year on FS1. Less than the NHL on TNT. Secondly, MLB averaged 470K viewers for the regular season on TBS. Warner Brothers Discovery pays 535 million a year for MLB and 225 million for the NHL. The NHL does much better in the 18-34 demographic for advertisers. Seems like a pretty good deal for Warner Brothers/Discovery to have the NHL.

Reactions: S E P H

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
My question is brutal compared to what? Not sure the article that said losing audience at an alarming rate is very accurate after only two weeks. I wonder if hockey feed had an article after or during the playoffs last year that said hockey is gaining fans at an alarming rate with great ratings? At a quick glance MLB averaged 375K viewers for the regular season last year on FS1. Less than the NHL on TNT. Secondly, MLB averaged 470K viewers for the regular season on TBS. Warner Brothers Discovery pays 535 million a year for MLB and 225 million for the NHL. The NHL does much better in the 18-34 demographic for advertisers. Seems like a pretty good deal for Warner Brothers/Discovery to have the NHL.
All they are are click bait articles. The NHL will be in serious trouble if the ratings in the playoffs steeply decline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad