NHL/hockey TV ratings 2024-25

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Baseball can be dying, but still get good viewership. The difference between this postseason compared to others is that the Dodgers and Yankees are making World Series Final pushes, which is contributing to the increased ratings. Those two teams are two of the biggest markets when it comes to baseball. With that said, baseball does have a serious attendance problem in places, and that has continued for at least the last half-decade. I write this not hating it by any means, if it survives then good on them considering I've read articles saying it has been dying for the last decade. Nonetheless, youth participation has been slowly declining from the reports I've read.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Baseball can be dying, but still get good viewership. The difference between this postseason compared to others is that the Dodgers and Yankees are making World Series Final pushes, which is contributing to the increased ratings. Those two teams are two of the biggest markets when it comes to baseball. With that said, baseball does have a serious attendance problem in places, and that has continued for at least the last half-decade. I write this not hating it by any means, if it survives then good on them considering I've read articles saying it has been dying for the last decade. Nonetheless, youth participation has been slowly declining from the reports I've read.
Idk if you noticed this, but with the lack of an actual salary cap, the World Series is usually between two large markets. A CS game without those teams still gets 4.5-5.5 million viewers anyway. Their contribution is overblown. No sport is as market dependent as hockey is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad