GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
Man, Edmonton has an old team.

They’re good, but holy hell, they are old. Gotta be the oldest team in the league.

Ekholm
Hyman
Kane
Skinner
Arvidsson
RNH
Perry
Ceci
Kulak
Brown

All 30+… they actually only have 6, or 7 roster players in their 20’s, the rest of the team is 30+. A good amount of talent, but it will be interesting to see if the legs hold up for another year.

• Wow
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Barring a defenseman trade, it kind of feels like Malinski, CDH, Behrens, MacDonald, and Rosen will battle it out for the three spots in the bottom pair and 7D roles.

Perhaps in that order, though I would expect Behrens to mainly battle it out with CDH for the third pair, and play in the AHL over being a 7D scratch.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Man, Edmonton has an old team.

They’re good, but holy hell, they are old. Gotta be the oldest team in the league.

Ekholm
Hyman
Kane
Skinner
Arvidsson
RNH
Perry
Ceci
Kulak
Brown

All 30+… they actually only have 6, or 7 roster players in their 20’s, the rest of the team is 30+. A good amount of talent, but it will be interesting to see if the legs hold up for another year.

Edmonton Oldlers am I right

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
The perception is that Edmonton actually had that 3 million dollars to give him, and he gets to play next to the best player in the league to inflate his numbers for next years free agency. I guess playing in that final helps too. But we are still the team that won, Oilers are not.
The oilers are the team that were one win away. The Avs have won one series in the past two seasons. And are getting older and with a more expensive roster every season.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Vegas IMO misses the playoffs next season.

The Central will be a battle between Colorado, Dallas, Winnipeg, and Nashville again.

Pacific is Edmonton's followed by Vancouver and LA.

Utah may get a WC spot as I think 5 from the Central make it.

All that said, our main competition is IMO Edmonton:

Skinner - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Holloway - RNH - Brown
McLeod - Ryan - Perry

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Ceci
Kulak - Broberg

Only things working against them are age and that D core

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Overall that’s a pretty great day 1. Maybe I would’ve signed Jack Johnson or Caleb Jones over CDH but overall I’m super happy

Agreed, our top nine looks particularly strong if you factor in LOC, Nichuskin and Landy returns. Big ifs with all of them but Drouin was huge and allows Landeskog to play down in the lineup if/when he returns.

Bottom pairing defense is still a big work in progress. Hoping we see major progression with guys like Malinski and Behrens who will get their shot in lineup inevitably.

Reactions: BrickNHL

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
Landeskog was supposed to be easy by the late rounds of the playoffs. How is there still runway? Is the runway infinitely long?
Hmm, not sure where this is coming from? His quote about giving him a chance to come back if they advance maybe? But that’s not the same as “easy”. The runway is still exactly on par with what was outlined at the beginning of his surgery timeline.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad