GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
The Avs aren’t that team anymore. They’re contenders. They won a cup 3 seasons ago. People consider them competitive. But the sweetheart deals will go through better teams before they go through the Avs.
I was watching the French broadcast when Drouin got signed earlier and they were wondering what exactly the Avs were these days and no one on the panel could answer. If that's any indication on how we are perceived by the outside world it's not very positive.

Losing in the 1st round and then the 2nd round in the last 2 years will do that I guess. People aren't like "but they were missing Nichushkin", they don't care about that stuff.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
So something like:

Drouin - Mack - Mikko
Lehky - Mitts - Nuke
Landy - Colton - LOC
Wood - Kovalenko(?) - Kelly
Kiviranta

Toews - Makar
Girard - Manson
CDH - Malinski/Rosen

I dunno, I still feel like they have to grab a 6D, and another Center at least.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Avs still need to dump some cap. They're almost $2.2M over the cap with a 21 man roster (with Val counting toward the cap but not counted in the 21) and they'd probably still like to sign a 7D.

They'll be almost $3M over the cap if they sign a 7D to league min, or if they go with MacDonald in that role.

This is a safe bet IMO for the roster to start next season.

Avs-2024-25.png

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I was watching the French broadcast when Drouin got signed earlier and they were wondering what exactly the Avs were these days and no one on the panel could answer. If that's any indication on how we are perceived by the outside world it's not very positive.

Losing in the 1st round and then the 2nd round in the last 2 years will do that I guess. People aren't like "but they were missing Nichushkin", they don't care about that stuff.
Idgaf how we are perceived.

Remember, pre 2022 we were perceived as chokers.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

I know making excuses is loser talk, but losing your captain and one of your best playoff performers two years in a row is a recipe for a disappointment in the playoffs.

If they don't bother to look behind the results, their loss. I think we all know that if we get Landy and Nuke back (or replace the latter one), we have a shot. But we need those guys.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
You certainly give a f*** since you were asking why someone would choose Edmonton over the Colorado.

Because of perception, that's why.
The perception is that Edmonton actually had that 3 million dollars to give him, and he gets to play next to the best player in the league to inflate his numbers for next years free agency. I guess playing in that final helps too. But we are still the team that won, Oilers are not.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
At least the Skinner to Oilers signing makes a shambolic team defensive team even weaker lol.

Not sure if this has been posted, but I went to the Blues forum and found this and of course they were having a circle-jerk around it as well.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Skinner sucks, Edmonton can have him.

Speaking of sucking, looks like our bottom D pairing will be some combination of DeHaan/Rosen/Malinski/MacD until the deadline. I hope Cale and Toews can play 30 minutes a night with PKing

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Seems like JJ is probably gone with the CDH signing and JJ not signing early in FA right?

He'd likely sign for league min, and if the Avs were interested in that, they probably would have signed him already.

Reactions: Mighty Makar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad