GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Markster

Oct 13, 2019
So the Avs spent a 1st round pick (Walker) and 2 3rds (Trenin and Duhaime) for rentals who didn't really do much and who signed elsewhere today (plus spent next year's 2nd on Lars Eller in 2023).

I'm having a sad.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So the Avs spent a 1st round pick (Walker) and 2 3rds (Trenin and Duhaime) for rentals who didn't really do much and who signed elsewhere today (plus spent next year's 2nd on Lars Eller in 2023).

I'm having a sad.
That’s usually how it goes for teams who try to win the cup. GMs of teams like the Avs have to make those moves even if it doesn’t work out, otherwise they wouldn’t be doing their job.

Eller move was bad, but Trenin Duhaime and Walker moves were worth it to try to win the cup. Walker move was expensive because RyJo experiment didn’t work out but again, it’s GMs job to try

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008

I'm having a sad.

Yes, this is how rentals work and the price you pay to try and win a Stanley Cup.

Nothing to be sad about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad