GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

obZen

Jul 1, 2019
Drouin is probably about to sign a 7x7 and that won't even be in the top ten worst contracts of the day.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
And no cap space....

Also, our holes are almost entirely depth players. 8 of our Top 9 forwards are signed, all of our Top 4D are signed, both of our goalies are signed.

They need 1 Top 9 forward, the rest is cheap depth pieces

I think 5D is a bigger hole. We need another top PKer. I dont want MaKar killing penalties. Ideally no toews either.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Safe to say Avs won’t be doing any free agent signings. Ridiculous money being given out so far to this free agents.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Nashville is going for it...Favorites for the Central after today.....

This day is going to be a dark for us....

At this point i just wait for the news that Drouin signed with the Blues......😅😅
Oh yeah, pretty tough to compete with ROR as your #1C and Cody glass as your #2C???

Teams built through the wings ALWAYS win.

Peter Peckerwood

Aug 6, 2020
9764 Jeopardy Lane
I’m glad in a way that the Avs have no cap space. It seems like the team is banking on Nuke/Landy being back, which Cmac also noted the other day. Throwing the money/term around that other teams are, we’re good Maybe not signing JD means they get a couple of little higher level lower line players?

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
And no cap space....

Also, our holes are almost entirely depth players. 8 of our Top 9 forwards are signed, all of our Top 4D are signed, both of our goalies are signed.

They need 1 Top 9 forward, the rest is cheap depth pieces.
And if the Avs had managed to produce even 2 guys in the bottom 6 on ELCs the cap situation would look so much better. Along with having much better upside.

The price a team pays for shite drafting.

I wanted Duhaime to go to Vancouver so their entire fourth line could be ex Avs that got away.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You dont think the top 8 or 9 need a refresh??
It's getting a refresh. Landy will change the dynamic completely.

Otherwise no, I dont. In an ideal world where we had cap space I'd like to see Wood sent to the moon, but that's it. But that's it.

At least to start the season. Could be an entirely different conversation in February depending on Nuke/Landy in particular.

Reactions: jabubenice

ANewHope

Nuggets|Avs|Broncos
May 26, 2011
Atleast some of these deals make our contracts look good lol if Nuke wasn't such a train wreck his contract would be a massive steal.

I'm not as obsessive about age as some here but GM's really don't give a shit. Some of these deals will look ugly quick. So much term thrown around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad