GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
IMO Trenin was 4C through and through. The guy getting that contract is hilarious. Thank you Minny.
To me, Trenin is at his best as a 3rd line wing. Which this is roughly in that range. Though I'd never sign him to that as I just don't think this game is all that complete. He's a newborn deer skating around and hitting... that's all he's really good at.

Reactions: Murzu

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Honestly if we can re-sign Drouin and get a guy like Suter for the bottom pairing for cheap I will be content with this free agency in the circumstances we are in.

Reactions: Bensch88

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
These contracts are wild.

Drouin will get the bag if he wants to. There’s $6M-7M out there for him in this market. He won’t get that from Colorado. So he either takes a bargain, or moves on.
I doubt it, $4-5 mil range at most.

Drouin falls into the category of skilled complimentary player. Domi is his best comparable, albeit Drouin is better.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Trenin is the undisputed winner of free agency. That's a crazy contract for him. Bednar absolutely neutered the guy and he sucked with us.
Bednar neuters every player who's value comes from playing a more physical style.

Trenin is going to be the Wild's 3C.

Theyre building a tough to play against team that will rely on Kaprizov to win low scoring games. Basically the same Wild thing they've been doing for 3 decades.

Trenin is this generation's Wes Walz for them.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I doubt it, $4-5 mil range at most.

Drouin falls into the category of skilled complimentary player. Domi is his best comparable, albeit Drouin is better.

The player we saw last year was a lot better than Domi. He was a legit top line player the second half of the season.

Can he duplicate it? That’s the question. There’s silly money going around. If Drouin wants 6+, he can get it, just not in Colorado.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
Looks like Chicago got Terravainen, I thought for sure he'd land in Seattle, Seemed like an ideal fit for them,

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Avs wanted a cost controlled RD in exchange. Nobody was really willing to go there (yet anyway).
Any thoughts as to which RD's they were targeting? John Marino seems like an obvious name but perhaps they wanted someone with a lower caphit.

Also makes you wonder if they actually would entertain moving Manson. $4.5m X2 seems like a solid contract compared to the ones being handed out today so he'd surely have some takers.

That may also suggest that they're not set on Malinski being a permanent fixture on the 3rd pair just yet if they're considering acquiring a RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad