GDT: NHL Free Agent Frenzy 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
It's not greed, we can't give him money we don't have.

In order to pay Drouin we had to trade a player, we didn't so we can't pay him.
He was certainly happy to play with Mackinnon last season to boost his numbers.
He just have to make concessions again . Even if it's just a one year deal , Drouis knows that he will end up the winner eventually . He tought it was this year , well the Avs can't , just play in a one year deal again with a little more money and cash in next season.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think the thing that bugs me most about this off-season for CMac was the sheet fact that he hasn't even spoken with Rantanen or his agent. Might as well get our star guys taken care of if we aren't going be active in getting UFAs signed.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I dunno what kind of money Pinto wants. But if you could bridge him for say 2x$3M that would be very interesting.

Colton + 2nd for Pinto, then that $1M might be enough to get Drouin if he really is wanting to stay as much as he suggests.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
He sure shut down Nate and Mikko
Yes he sure did. Doesn't mean he's close to a top shut down guy. Means the Avs were (and are this coming season) a bad team. Super easy to play against. I said it last year and it will be the same this year. Contenders will want to draw the Avs in the playoffs.

But about Tanev: he might have one good year left. But he's not going to be able to handle a playoff run against the East teams that will grind him into dust. By game 3 he'll be hearing footsteps every time he goes to get the puck. By game 4 he'll be wearing a pylon on his head.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
i

I think he signs with us... after all he has been thru, he knows money is not as important

We can't even give him $2M right now. And it's increasingly likely we aren't moving money out.

I think its obvious Drouin really wants to stay. But, I'd be shocked if he takes half the money he could get on the market.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad