Nhl Forward group #4

f #4

• Total voters

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
1. Tampa | Ranking Forward Groups across the league.

Palat - Stamkos - Kucherov
Gourde- Point - Johnson
Killorn - Cirelli - Joseph
Martel - Paquette - Erne
Conacher/Volkov

2. Toronto |

Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Johnsson - Matthews - Nylander
Mikheyev - Kerfoot - Kapanen
Moore - Spezza - Shore
Gauthier/Agostino/Petan

#3 Colorado |

Colorado

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Donskoi - Kadri - Burakovsky
Compher - Jost - Wilson
Calvert - Bellemare - Nieto
Greer/Kamenev

--------------------

On the Docket

Boston

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Kuhlman
Heinen - Coyle - Backes
Wagner - Kuraly - Ritchie
Nordstrom/Lindholm

Calgary

Gaudreau - Monahan - Lindholm
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Dube
Mangiapane - Ryan - Neal
Czarnik/Quine/Lomberg

Chicago
Saad - Toews - Sikura
Debrincat - Strome - Kane
Kubalik - Anisimov - Perlini
Carpenter - Kampf - Shaw
Wedin/Caggiula

Dallas
Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Dickinson - Hintz - Pavelski
Janmark- Faksa - Perry
Cogliano - Dowling- Comeau
Hanzal/Gurianov/ Kiviranta

Florida

Huberdeau - Barkov - Dadonov
Hoffman - Trocheck - Tippett
Vatrano - Borgstrom - Connolly
Sceviour - Acciari - Malgin
Greco/Toninato/Hawryluk

Nashville

Forsberg - Johansen - Arvidsson
Granlund - Duchene- Turris
Jarnkrok - Bonino - Smith
Grimaldi - Sissons -Watson
Gaudreau/Salomaki

New Jersey

Hall - Hischier - Bratt
Boqvist - Hughes -Palmieri
Coleman - Zajac - Simmonds
Wood - Zacha - Anderson
Rooney/Hayden/Seney

New York Rangers

Panarin - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Kreider - Chytil - Kakko
Lemieux -Howden- Andersson
Namesnitkov- Strome - Fast
Nieves/Mckegg/Fogarty/Beleskey

Philadelphia

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
JVR - Hayes - Voracek
Lindblom - Patrick - Frost
Raffl - Laughton - Pitlick
Vorobyev/Kase

Pittsburgh
Guentzel - Crosby - Hornqvist
Galchenyuk - Malkin - Kahun
Bjugstad - Mccann - Rust
Simon - Blueger - Tanev
Lafferty/ZAR/Johnson

San Jose

Meier - Couture -Labanc
Kane - Hertl - True
Sorensen - Gambrell - Karlsson
Radil - Suomela - Goodrow
Brodzinski/Kellman

ST Louis

Schwartz- Schenn- Tarasenko
Blais - O'reilly - Perron
Fabbri - Bozak -Thomas
Steen - Barbashev - Sundqvist
Kyrou/Sanford/Nolan

Vegas

Pacioretty - Stastny -Stone
Marchessault - Karlsson - Smith
Gusev- Glass - Tuch
Carrier - Eakin - Reaves
Nosek/Pirri/Mackenzie/Zykov

Washington

Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Wilson
Vrana - Backstrom -Oshie
Hagelin - Eller - Panik
Stephenson - Dowd - Hathaway
Leipsic/Boyd/Gersich

Winnipeg

Connor - Scheifele - Wheeler
Ehlers - Little - Laine
Perreault - Roslovic - Vesalainen
Copp - Lowry - Appleton
Griffith/Shaw/Lipon

Added Chicago n San Jose

Who should be added next?

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I tend to agree. They finished 10th in GF last year. They've got a little more depth up front, but lost their biggest offensive weapon on the back end.
I know Barrie is something we lost but also gained a 2nd line center to help us maybe split up the top line while giving top and PP minutes to Makar. Of course that's a lot of pressure to give to him but he didn't look like a kid in the playoffs. I believe he will be able to replace Barrie in his own end which I believe he will do better defensively. Also he will help the 1st PP unit maybe not with his slapshot but we saw in the playoffs that he knows how to find lanes and shoot the puck from there. He will just need to work his slapper IMO. Alot of people seems to forget that Kadri was a 30 goal scorer when he had top 6 minutes and he will get them with the Avs.

Last edited:

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
I mean, mehhhhh

Except from the first line, the rest is just a big meh
I think they should split the top line. Splitting either with Donskoi and Burakovsky or Landeskog and Rantanen. That clearly looks better than having Kerfoot centering his own line which was the case most of the season along with Jost and Compher.

Do something like :
Donskoi-Mack-Rants
Landy-Kadri-Burakovsky
Jost-Compher-Wilson
Calver-Bellemare Nieto

Reactions: ForrestHabsGump

POVERTY

Leafs and Marchand fan
Sep 27, 2017
Vegas

E: Washington also a good option - both better than Colorado

Last edited:
Reactions: TopCheese

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I can't believe Colorado got 3rd. Was that offense really a Nazem Kadri away from being that high?
Colorado had a terrible 2nd line last year +had to play at least a few scrubs every game because the depth was weak. That team still scored 260 goals and the offense has clearly improved. Maybe they shouldn't be #3, but they will most likely score more goals than last year.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Colorado had a terrible 2nd line last year +had to play at least a few scrubs every game because the depth was weak. That team still scored 260 goals and the offense has clearly improved. Maybe they shouldn't be #3, but they will most likely score more goals than last year.

How much did it improve though?

They brought in Kadri, and a few 2nd/3rd liners. They also lost their best offensive threat on the back end.

They are a good offensive team, not Top 3 though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I honestly have no clue how Vegas didn't go 2nd or 3rd in this poll if you assume they're keeping Gusev. I probably would have taken Vegas over Toronto and that doesn't even touch on how Colorado shouldn't be up there.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
How much did it improve though?

They brought in Kadri, and a few 2nd/3rd liners. They also lost their best offensive threat on the back end.

They are a good offensive team, not Top 3 though.
Kadri, Donskoi, Burakovsky, Bellemare >>> Soderberg, Kerfoot, Andrighetto, Bourque

Its clearly a better group and there is a possibility that some of the younger guys like Jost and Compher improve a bit.

Losing Barrie hurts but Makar is a damn fine replacement.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Kadri, Donskoi, Burakovsky, Bellemare >>> Soderberg, Kerfoot, Andrighetto, Bourque.

The 4 you listed that the Avs lost scored 116 points in 279 games. Good for .42/game or a 34 point average over 82 games.

The 4 you listed that replaced them scored 122 points in 305 games. Good for .40/game or a 32.5 point average over 82 games.

Not sure there's a huge improvement there.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The 4 you listed that the Avs lost scored 116 points in 279 games. Good for .42/game or a 34 point average over 82 games.

The 4 you listed that replaced them scored 122 points in 305 games. Good for .40/game or a 32.5 point average over 82 games.

Not sure there's a huge improvement there.
Maybe not purely look at stats, especially when the players you are comparing played in different teams and roles. Soderberg is an aging #3C, Ghetto/Bourque are barely even NHL players and Kerfoot is very vanilla, no matter what the stats show.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe not purely look at stats, especially when the players you are comparing played in different teams and roles. Soderberg is an aging #3C, Ghetto/Bourque are barely even NHL players and Kerfoot is very vanilla, no matter what the stats show.

No need to move the goal posts now. The departing 4 also accomplished more /60 given their roles.

I agree the 4 incoming are probably superior players, but it's not some huge gap. Or enough to make up for the loss of Barrie. They finished 10 in GF last year, I dont see that improving much.

Spilot23

Dec 30, 2014
No need to move the goal posts now. The departing 4 also accomplished more /60 given their roles.

I agree the 4 incoming are probably superior players, but it's not some huge gap. Or enough to make up for the loss of Barrie. They finished 10 in GF last year, I dont see that improving much.
You're really downplaying Kadri IMO also don't believe Soderberg will be a 49 pts guy next year I think he goes 30-40 with the Yotes. He should be able to put more pts since he will now have the #2C spot playing with one of Landeskog or Rantanen I hope and he will probably be in the 2nd PP unit. But hey I agree that the Avs forwards shouldn't be #3 considering they have proven nothing so far compared to teams like Vegas or Washington.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
You're really downplaying Kadri IMO also don't believe Soderberg will be a 49 pts guy next year I think he goes 30-40 with the Yotes. He should be able to put more pts since he will now have the #2C spot playing with one of Landeskog or Rantanen I hope and he will probably be in the 2nd PP unit. But hey I agree that the Avs forwards shouldn't be #3 considering they have proven nothing so far compared to teams like Vegas or Washington.

Yes Kadri should see a bump in 5 on 5 production, but he was on PP1 last year in Toronto with Marner, Matthews, Tavares and Rielly.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Vegas would probably beat out the Leafs for the #2 spot in my opinion. That's three full lines of good to great forwards.
Yeah, possibly. I think if it was offense I'd take the Leafs, but just forwards Vegas looks as good as anyone. They certainly look better than Colorado

Last edited:
Reactions: Nithoniniel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad