GDT: NHL Entry draft thread : Kings traded down w/ Mtl #21 for #26, 57 and 198

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240628_102223_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240628_102223_Chrome.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 2

KopitarGOAT420

Jan 30, 2020
USA
Definitely needed to be done but that definitely kisses the possibility of Solberg goodbye. Will be interesting to see who’s available at that pick.
Yeah it'll be a bummer if Solberg ends up still being available at 21 but I highly doubt it.. His draft stock has been rising pretty substantially over the last couple weeks - I'd be surprised if a team in the 13-20 range doesn't take him.

Really solid trade though, even adding the extra 7th rounder - It'll be good to have another pick to take a flier on a guy. Ideally a goalie or a kid with really good size that has the potential to be a 4th liner down the road.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
Like the extra picks and apparently there isn't much difference in talent between around 16/18-32.

If you listen to the podcast with Yanetti, he spends a good deal of time talking about trading back, and wanting to always do it, given the variances of each draft, I assume the tiers he talks about, covers that spread from 21-26 with no valleys in it, as he was saying....

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
good move...assuming they like a couple guys better who are expected to be there at 26. Looking forward to Sat am now and that #57 pick.

I just prefer to wait to pull the trigger on such a move until you see what it looks like at your pick -- in case a guy you love falls a bit and is unexpectedly available. But maybe that wasn't an option and it was a trade offer that was take now or not at all.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Interesting. At 26, A few of Boisvert, Emery, Beaudoin, Letourneau, Parascak, O’Reilly, Hemming, Ritchie, Basha, Connelly will be there. At 57, a few of, Stiga, Freij, Burnicke, Fischer, Bednarck, Plante, Ziemer, Hutson, Pulkinen, Mews, Masse, Muggli, Gridin, Battaglia, Eliason, Howe, may be there.
And of course, the Kings always find prospects in round 7 that end up playing. lol So 198 will hit, too. Maybe Yannetti insisted the 7th be in it!

Finally, consider the Kings ‘were right there’, so the first could have been 32nd overall…

Last edited:
Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay