NHL Entry Draft 2024

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
It seems clear that the Preds definitely had Surin ahead of Eiserman on their own list. So he WAS trying to take one of those 2nds and move up... ironically just to be sure to get Surin, though! They may have had Surin ranked around #15 on their own list, and ahead of ALL the forwards who went just before our pick (incl. Eiserman, Connelly, Parascak)!

I guess we'll see if some of these "faller" type of picks that stick out in fans minds pan out better than the "character" guys we went after instead. I remember last year with Heidt in the 2nd round, or previous years you had some prominent guys falling like Brad Lambert or Aatu Raty etc, relative to early draft prognostications, so we'll see how Eiserman fares relative to those historical footnotes. He has been a good junior scorer, but the Preds aren't the only team who had reservations about him apparently, since he dropped to #20.

Surin sounds like quite the character. If the team has guys like him, L'Heureux, maybe one day Kalan Lind, and Askarov in net... I hope we develop some kind of genius PK strategy! :D
Man our draft thinking has to change. Eiserman is exactly what this team needs. Secondary scoring has always been a problem but they continue to go with the “pred” type of player. I would of overpaid to move up and get him when I seen him slipping. Last year I wanted Perreault or Moore and I would have gave a 2 nd and 3rd to get Eiserman this year. Perreault And Eiserman are prospects to get excited about

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Man our draft thinking has to change. Eiserman is exactly what this team needs. Secondary scoring has always been a problem but they continue to go with the “pred” type of player. I would of overpaid to move up and get him when I seen him slipping. Last year I wanted Perreault or Moore and I would have gave a 2 nd and 3rd to get Eiserman this year. Perreault And Eiserman are prospects to get excited about
So who else is left on the board for the top of Round 2?

Chernyshov is one, right? I would certainly be interested in giving up both our 2nds to try to move up and get somebody else we have ranked in our 1st round... I'm sure there will be some players still on the board who we have ranked as 1st rounders who won't be there when #55 and #59 come around.

Carolina always has a strategy of stockpiling quantity in picks. I would go hard for their #34 pick, which they already traded down from #27. They might get a better offer than we can come up with using #55 and #59, though. But I'd certainly do that trade. Hopefully after all the Necas talks, Trotz has them on speed dial.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

Chernyshov is one, right? I would certainly be interested in giving up both our 2nds to try to move up and get somebody else we have ranked in our 1st round... I'm sure there will be some players still on the board who we have ranked as 1st rounders who won't be there when #55 and #59 come around.

Carolina always has a strategy of stockpiling quantity in picks. I would go hard for their #34 pick, which they already traded down from #27. They might get a better offer than we can come up with using #55 and #59, though. But I'd certainly do that trade. Hopefully after all the Necas talks, Trotz has them on speed dial.
If we can move up 34 I wouldn’t mind Chernyshov but if he’s still there I would go stiga before him.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Yeah if I could move up and get what I feel is still a quality pick I'm using some of that draft capital to do it. I'd rather have several guys I feel really good about than just a bunch of random guys.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Stiga and Pettersson are sub-6' skill guys right? I don't know where they've ever been ranked above Chernyshov, but regardless of rankings, if it's a guy our team has ranked in the 1st round, whether it fits consensus or not, I'd definitely be trying that trade up. I'm sure there must be 5 or 6 guys at least the Preds had ranked in their top-30 who are still available. Get one! :)

Reactions: Enoch

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
I won’t say much about our pick because he does seem like the high energy guy that trotz likes and his ceiling is more than likely a 3rd line guy. Now what I have a problem with is that one of the best goal scorer in this draft was sliding and you didn’t take one of those 2nds you had and try to move up. I would have overpaid to get Eiserman and trotz should have too. For a team that’s constantly looking for scoring help to not go after him is terrible. I’m beginning to think that this organization can’t draft and develop a 1st line talent guy to save its life. Eiserman will be a solid top 6 guy watch. Trotz talks a big game but he doesn’t back it up. You had the draft capital to move up and get him multiple times with how much he slid but decided to go with your type of guy that will most likely keep us where we will always be the “mushy middle”
You talk about 1st line talents and then say we blew it by not taking a guy who’s top 6?material.

To me, those are are two different things. A guy who’s a first line talent is a top 6 guy but not everyone top 6 guy is a first line talent.

If Eiserman has top 6 potential, so does Surin. The fact that the Avs were wanting him tells me a little something more about the kid.

Trotz went for a kid who can score and has grit, nothing wrong with that.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Everything about his profile screams first round pick.

- Hits and plays physical
- Speedy
- Center
- Offensive tools

What more do you want? He profiles as a NHLer. There is upside there.

This is the 22nd overall pick, not top 5. I would say most of these picks end up busting regardless. And hey, if it was Poile, we probably would have taken another goalie or forward with zero offensive ability but good "work ethic."

I do think the Preds had the ability to move around in this draft, but they decided not to. Sometimes, it takes two to tango.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
You talk about 1st line talents and then say we blew it by not taking a guy who’s top 6?material.

To me, those are are two different things. A guy who’s a first line talent is a top 6 guy but not everyone top 6 guy is a first line talent.

If Eiserman has top 6 potential, so does Surin. The fact that the Avs were wanting him tells me a little something more about the kid.

Trotz went for a kid who can score and has grit, nothing wrong with that.
Well we will just have to agree to disagree because I don’t think surin has top 6 potential while Eiserman does and possibly 1st line talent. If I’m wrong then I’ll gladly admit it and for the preds sake I hope I am. We will see but this team is in need of goal scorers and Eiserman is one of the best if not the best in this draft and you had a chance to get him.

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Tampa clearing cap space to fit in Stamkos and McDonagh.. not sure if that's the direction they should go..
I know sergachev has had some injury issues but McDonagh and Hedman have a massive amount of miles on them. Plus side... Geekie and Moser are gonna help them out in the near future to help keep cost down. I think moving jeannot is the right call but did they ever lose value on that trade sequence.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00