GDT: NHL Draft 2023 | 4:00 PT | ESPN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do YOU want

• Fantilli

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Mitchkov

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I just don't think PV is up to the challenge.
Beginning to think he just doesn’t act quickly enough for this stage. He seems to know what the right path is but does he have the quick trigger to get things done in a quick moving market?

12 points in 33 games and taken 21. Minny better have done their homework

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Stramel at 21 is nuts, I'm not as low on him as some others on here but I wouldn't of went after him with anything earlier than a mid 2nd

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
The Ducks are in no rush to trade up with the later 2nds. There's nobody available to step right in. There's no telling which prospect makes it and which doesn't from the 25-40 range.

Let it play out, there will be a great pick left at 33 and you don't lose maybe a top-3 prospect goalie to move up that you now get for basically free.

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
Stramel at 21 is nuts, I'm not as low on him as some others on here but I wouldn't of went after him with anything earlier than a mid 2nd
Stramel is really good. Granato is just a really…..really bad coach and I say that as someone who watched Dallas Eakins coach

Stramel will blow up this year under Hastings

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Bonk at 22. There will be a very good player available at 33 tomorrow. I hope Madden and PV don't f*** it up.

Stramel is really good. Granato is just a really…..really bad coach and I say that as someone who watched Dallas Eakins coach

That's what they said about Turcotte. I'm not buying it. 4th liner at best.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland

Do you think he will make it as a top-6 scorer? It's more like the Gaucher pick for the Ducks last year. But he's not even a lock to make the NHL unlike Gaucher was. He could have way more upside though, but he needs a lot of work to become anything.

edit. I realized this will make no sense unless I explain it: I mean Gaucher pick in the sense he seemed to have limited offensive upside despite having decent skating, size and C position to seem tempting to NHL scouts.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
seems weird to think he can be a franchise center when he's not even playing center...
He was fine playing 1C at the WC. He wasn't the greatest at getting back to the defensive zone quickly or back checking, but he played well positionally and never looked out of place.

Reactions: dracom

NWWisconsinDuck

Jun 28, 2023
Bonk at 22. There will be a very good player available at 33 tomorrow. I hope Madden and PV don't f*** it up.

It’s actually quite interesting you said that and I can understand the reasoning.

Granato was a good recruiter but sucked at teaching the game. Caufield is the exception to that. As a Badger fan, I actually didn’t think K’Andre Miller would amount to much either.

I do wonder if Hastings was hired 3 years ago and not now if some of these guys turned out differently (so far)

Do you think he will make it as a top-6 scorer? It's more like the Gaucher pick for the Ducks last year. But he's not even a lock to make the NHL unlike Gaucher was. He could have way more upside though, but he needs a lot of work to become anything.

edit. I realized this will make no sense unless I explain it: I mean Gaucher pick in the sense he seemed to have limited offensive upside despite having decent skating, size and C position to seem tempting to NHL scouts.
I do but I think he’s gotta be coached up properly. The good news for him is that he now has a coach that will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad