GDT: NHL Draft 2023 | 4:00 PT | ESPN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do YOU want

• Fantilli

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Mitchkov

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
If they reach their max potential I see comparisons like:

Fantilli - Mike Modano/Andrei Svechnikov
Leo Carlsson - Barkov/Joe Thornton without the mean streak
Michkov - Caufield on super steroids.
Fantilli plays with more of an edge than those comps. He likes to body check and will punch someone in the face if needed.

Reactions: AngelDuck

SouthernCal

Jun 28, 2023
Orange County
Fantilli plays with more of an edge than those comps. He likes to body check and will punch someone in the face if needed.
He's got in 1 fight... and he didn't even take his gloves off. Where did you get that from? Yes he has a mean streak but I haven't ever seen him punch someone in the face. Svech and Modano both play/played physical and with speed.

Reactions: Deuce22

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
He's got in 1 fight... and he didn't even take his gloves off. Where did you get that from? Yes he has a mean streak but I haven't ever seen him punch someone in the face.
There's no fighting in college

It;s tough to say what kind of fighter he really is

Reactions: SouthernCal

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Kent French just confirmed that Gibson asked for a trade.
Yep, and he said that it's been public information.

Could he mean the "Gibson is open to being traded" thing form a while back? Maybe he doesn't realize that he was the first one to word it as a trade request. So maybe he just inadvertently spilled the beans.

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
Takeaways from the Verbeek and Madden interviews a few mins ago:

1. Ducks will be drafting size at #2
2. Team made up their mind a few weeks ago
3. North American scouting staff was unanimous in who they wanted to draft, regional scouts made arguments for their guys though.

Reactions: GermanRocket7

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
He's got in 1 fight... and he didn't even take his gloves off. Where did you get that from? Yes he has a mean streak but I haven't ever seen him punch someone in the face. Svech and Modano both play/played physical and with speed.
He’s come out and said he doesn’t mind fighting. Of course NCAA doesn’t allow it so the stats don’t show it. I watched a ton of Modano and I don’t remember him enjoying body checking. Amazing player though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so gibson sticks around for a handful of awful seasons and then wants out when the team is in a position to get better? lol

should've traded him after 2019

Reactions: Deuce22

SouthernCal

Jun 28, 2023
Orange County
He’s come out and said he doesn’t mind fighting. Of course NCAA doesn’t allow it so the stats don’t show it. I watched a ton of Modano and I don’t remember him enjoying body checking. Amazing player though.
Just because someone says they don't mind fighting doesn't mean anything lol

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I'm sitting here so nervously when I'm honestly fine with any of Fantilli/Carlsson/Michkov and I have no idea why

Gibson to Pittsburgh for 14?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad