GDT: NHL Draft 2023 | 4:00 PT | ESPN, SN, TVAS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do YOU want

• Fantilli

Votes: 85 75.2%
  • Carlsson

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • Mitchkov

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
1687936173367.png

Well, the thing is here and will put an end to the speculation of whom we pick so we can FINALLY start fighting over who would have been a better pick. It's pretty certain that the battle is still between Carlsson and Fantilli (well, the team probably knows already but it's uncertain for us):

duel-polish-duel.gif

We're picking 2nd overall (as of now) on day 1 and then pick first the next day. Here are the picks per round. @Ducks DVM already set up the GDT's for each individual picks.

1687934670274.png

Apparently we'll be presenting some new anniversary jersey today.
The draft is in Nashville so hopefully we do better in their arena this time.

PS
Apparently there will be some LIVE coverage from EliteProspects as well where they explain pick by pick. It's probably on the premium but definitely want to catch it.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Not a bad highlight reel for a "worst-case-scenario" today:

I still prefer Fantilli I guess, but I acknowledge there are flaws in his game. So does Carlsson, but he also has some really really intriguing traits, and as far as I understand Carlsson was turning it up as the season went on. His frame also looks less filled out which could mean he's still growing into his body. He is not a punishing hitter like Fantilli, but he has a nose for the net and he uses his body (I wish he'd do it more but if we draft him, I think Pat is putting him on a protein diet and asking him to work on strength and speed :laugh:).

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’m happy with either Fantilli or Carlsson. I won’t be happy if they pick Michkov. After the season we just had, am not waiting 3-4 years to see that player make an impact that if he even comes over, just too much risk. Won’t be good for a current young players like Terry to have to wait either. Need someone to make an impact in 1-2 years from now.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I’m happy with either Fantilli or Carlsson. I won’t be happy if they pick Michkov. After the season we just had, am not waiting 3-4 years to see that player make an impact that if he even comes over, just too much risk. Won’t be good for a current young players like Terry to have to wait either. Need someone to make an impact in 1-2 years from now.
that's my thinking with michkov as well. one reason i've been wanting Fantilli more is the higher likelihood he plays in the NHL next season, since I thought Carlsson already said he was going to play in the SHL for another season.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
that's my thinking with michkov as well. one reason i've been wanting Fantilli more is the higher likelihood he plays in the NHL next season, since I thought Carlsson already said he was going to play in the SHL for another season.

I know some people have their opinions on if Fantilli and Carlsson can hit the NHL next season. I don’t think anyone knows what they will do or what the GMs who draft them Plan to do. Will be interesting for sure.

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I’m actually really surprised Pronman has Carlsson as the pick given he gave me the exact opposite impression on his podcast hit yesterday. Guess we’ll see what happens, could be a pretty good test of just how airtight the Verbeek administration is.

If that’s the plan I do hope it could be monetized, though. Columbus seemingly wouldn’t take Carlsson third and maybe you could pit them and San Jose against one another. Or maybe the risk isn’t worth it.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
My head says choose Fantilli, but my heart says Carlsson. Really like both players a ton and I’ll literally be ecstatic regardless. Ultimately I think we go Fantilli and I think that’s the correct decision

Reactions: Kalv

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
My head says choose Fantilli, but my heart says Carlsson. Really like both players a ton and I’ll literally be ecstatic regardless. Ultimately I think we go Fantilli and I think that’s the correct decision
My head says Fantilli/Carlsson, my heart says Leonard, but like I said before. I will be happy with one of those three or Smith as well. All bring something different and all will be impact players.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I’m actually really surprised Pronman has Carlsson as the pick given he gave me the exact opposite impression on his podcast hit yesterday. Guess we’ll see what happens, could be a pretty good test of just how airtight the Verbeek administration is.

If that’s the plan I do hope it could be monetized, though. Columbus seemingly wouldn’t take Carlsson third and maybe you could pit them and San Jose against one another. Or maybe the risk isn’t worth it.
You need the twists to get the clicks. I doubt there is anything substantial used for basis of that speculation.

Reactions: Yemeth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad