NHL: Around the League 53

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
It's early no doubt but Yakumchuk has been turning heads with his play so far this preseason for Ottawa. Concensus was he was drafted much sooner than he should have been but so far at least he is showing maturity, buckets of skill and yes even half decent skating in his NHL games to date. Let's hope Lev can match and overtake in time!

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
It's a business. Don't be thin skinned about it. But if you are gonna squeeze guys when you have the leverage expect to be squeezed when they do. Been saying it for a decade. Go full Vegas cut throat or try and build a culture like Tampa. Anything in-between is a mistake.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Anyone paying attention to Adam Klapka?

Having a good preseason, but the kicker is that he's 6'8" and a fast mover. Very intriguing package.

• Wow
Reactions: Muffinalt

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Swayman signs 8 years $8.25 million aav
IMG_9510.jpeg

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I think it’s realistically a fair contract. Swayman has to prove he can consistently carry a full regular season and be a dominant goalie, which he hasn’t yet. Based on what we’ve seen from him the last two years he’s played like a very good goalie.

This is good for both sides. Swayman may end up proving to be worth a higher AAV but he’s making up for it in the short term with a guaranteed contract.

• Wow
Reactions: ChiHawks10

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I think it’s realistically a fair contract. Swayman has to prove he can consistently carry a full regular season and be a dominant goalie, which he hasn’t yet. Based on what we’ve seen from him the last two years he’s played like a very good goalie.

This is good for both sides. Swayman may end up proving to be worth a higher AAV but he’s making up for it in the short term with a guaranteed contract.
Giving eight years and eight million to a f***ing goalie is insane if you're not sure he can be the guy.

Reactions: Pez68

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

My take: It is about time that Bruins management is put in their place. They have been pitching hardball against players for years and underpaying players. Swayman had them by the short and curlies and they knew it, and they had to cave.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

This can't be a serious post, right? Giving a goalie 8x8m+ is f***ing insanity. IDK if I'd be willing to give 8x8+ to a goalie who has won a Vezina, let alone someone as unproven as Swayman..

GIADF

Aug 17, 2024
I don't think it's the bad of a contract. Average the last 3 years out and he's started 40 games per and been near the top of the league at his position. He is entering his physical prime as he turns 26 next month so will be 26-34 during this contract.

Asking him to start 10-12 more games so he can have be in line with other top starting goalies from a games started perspective isn't some monumental ask.

Not to mention he elevated his game come playoff time and fully took control of the starting role.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I think he's a system goalie. Put him in most other places and he is average at best. I've never been a fan of teams paying goalies big money, and this wont end well, more than likely, just like every other big goalie contract signed in the last 5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad