NHL: Around the League 52

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Bob is a win away from cup!

Feels like it was only yesterday that Flyers made that stupid decision to cast him aside after his great rookie season as 22 yr old (28-13-8 with 2.59 GAA and .915 sv pct)

Literally one of the worst moves in Flyer history at this point. They finally found the answer in net and idiot owner/gm/coach wanted him gone because the kid got worn down (Longest season he had played) and struggled in a few playoff games

Got a 2nd + two 4th's for him in deal. Then used that 2nd to draft a goalie

That goalie was Anthony Stolarz

Bob and Stolarz are a game away from winning cup after forming the best duo in NHL

OIP.xg7osuj_PgSy731VqYwRVwHaE3

Last edited:
Reactions: clydesdale line

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
That’s kind of insulting to Edmonton fans. Oilers made it to the cup final after their season started in disaster whereas the Leafs have yet to scrape together 6 playoff wins
Perhaps so, but the teams Leafs typically face in early rounds tend to be quite a bit stronger that who Oilers face.

It's crazy that Oilers top 5 scorers in the RS have 0 goals in the final. Bob has been very good but the entire league knows you must shoot high to beat him..... this is one of the areas where Panthers excel. In the precious few scoring chances they do give up, they simply do not give the Oilers' shooters enough time or space to pick their spots or they block them. Shots that do get through are typically weak and low... and Bob loves it. The Conn Smythe trophy awaits him.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’m missing this entire series because of work. Disappointing to see McDavid not winning a Cup. Florida is a fantastic team though and have been rolling since last playoffs. Good for them

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Can join Hawks right on the upswing
It's not an impossibility. We've talked about it already in this thread back some pages but we'd technically have the abundant cap space, would be in a huge but non-canadian market, and he'd hopefully be playing on a very talented yet up and coming team.

Fingers crossed!

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I was skeptical going in but still hopeful that the Oilers could give Panthers a good run for their money. It's not quite over yet but what a disappointment this series has been. But what can one expect when the current format means that some of the better teams face each other in the first or second round of playoff action. It's been a while since the two best teams have met in the final mainly because the format sucks! I bring this up ever year but no one wants to listen.... so we will continue to accept that the two best teams, once again, are not competing for the Cup. Until next year when I repeat it again. Come on Gary, wake up.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I was skeptical going in but still hopeful that the Oilers could give Panthers a good run for their money. It's not quite over yet but what a disappointment this series has been. But what can one expect when the current format means that some of the better teams face each other in the first or second round of playoff action. It's been a while since the two best teams have met in the final mainly because the format sucks! I bring this up ever year but no one wants to listen.... so we will continue to accept that the two best teams, once again, are not competing for the Cup. Until next year when I repeat it again. Come on Gary, wake up.
How was this formating fault? Who in the west was better? Unless you're a forget travel chaos it should be 1-16 guys.

The only match-up loss I saw was Vegas losing yo Dallas, but that was 1-8 seed because of Vegas's injuries & worndown team. Who do you think should of been better set up in the West and would of come out? Sounds like complaining to complain. The old format people used to say WCF/WCF were bigger deals than the cup final still. How would it have been different?

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
How was this formating fault? Who in the west was better? Unless you're a forget travel chaos it should be 1-16 guys.
Exactly what I advocate.

Just did a quick possible match-up scenario using the 1 vs 16 format. The final 4 teams could be NYR, Stars, Canes (or Avs) and Panthers.... with Panthers vs Canes or Panthers vs Avs in the final. Now that sounds more like the 2 best teams in the final to me..... but, alas, changing the PO format is unlikely in the near future and it is the fans who are getting ripped off.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I remember so many fans seemed to not like Jamie Kompon and I didn't know why. He apparently wasn't liked by Daryyl Suter when Suter took over the Kings. He's 1 win away from 3 wins as an assistant coach on 3 teams. I wonder if 3 wins on 3 different teams by an assistant coach has happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad