NHL: Around the League 52

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Maybe you are just blind or a homer. Guy launched his elbow jumping into barkovs head and it was easily a suspendible hit. Doesn’t matter that the league is cowardly and hypocritical no matter how much of an authority they are in your life.
It should be no surprise that there was no hearing after this hit. If the league wasn't going to call out Bennett for the Marchand hit, they certainly weren't going to act on this hit..... but because Marchand was on the receiving end many folks were OK with it. Like it or not, who is involved is a big factor in these decisions.
Another factor that I haven't seen in this discussion is the fact that Foegele was given a major and game earlier in this game. A terrible decision BTW. You can bet that was in the officials mind when they issued a 2-minute roughing penalty to Draisaitl..

Reactions: Crow

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
I was up at the Excel Energy Center for a Pearl Jam show last year. I was chatting in the merch line with a couple Wild fans for about an hour. I told them, your name and uniforms are awful, they should go back to the Northstars, which were awesome uniforms. He said everyone says that but they don't have the right to the old name/logos.

Well, this is the next best thing. This will be cool to see. I love Christmas, but Christmas colors as your team uniform colors is stupid.

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
The colors are great but they should just go back to being the North Stars and incorporating the old logo Wild is such a trash name.
Agree - first hockey game I ever saw was at the Stadium in 1980 I think - Hawks vs. North Stars. Still have the old pennant.

I think there's legal reasons they can't use the old name, logo - but you'd think there'd be a fee or something they could pay the Dallas Stars for the rights back - I dunno. I love the colors but to me it doesn't look right with the Wild scheme. Never liked the Wild name.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Chatfield gave up at least a few million but if he's smart that's enough money for him and his to live off of pretty comfortably and if he's happy and comfortable in Carolina good for him.

Reactions: Malaka

Malaka

you know, **** it, let’s just not think so much
Mar 3, 2020
www.youtube.com
That just catapulted their jerseys into one of the best in my opinion.
Honestly if they added a little brown to the logo I would agree.

I can’t get chat gpt to do what I want so here’s Alice in wonderlands depiction of adding brown to the trees/mouth

DFB43F4D-6591-48C8-AAA7-47CA8BFC8760.jpeg

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
The whole thing that made EDM a bit more dynamic this year was McD really focusing on getting in deep and dishing killer opportunities. This series he's reverted back to flying in and taking every chance himself for the most part.

Reactions: BobbyJet

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Regular season McD turns his blade back two inches and puts that in off the left post. Instead he shoots right thinking Bob's will get there on time.

Bobs is in their head rent free. He also read Draisaitl like a book when he tucked his elbow for a great save on Drai's usual PP shot that he scores on so often on their first opportunity.

I thought Bobrovsky would be good but not this good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad