NHL 25 Discussion

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Game crashes every time you edit a system generated player in franchise mode. Nice. It was all over the EA forum and Reddit. No response by EA. They had similar issues in the past where system generated players aged after you edit them. In the past this was never fixed…..

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Probably on my best start on versus, eashl, HUT. I usually play a patience game and the slower game speed pace works in my favour. Tried HUT and haven’t spent a dime. Had it grind it for Matthews cover who is my best player. Gonna try and grind and not spend any money with the time off I have from work. It is possible to get a decent without spending money if you have the time and manage your collection well.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
JXF9Uaf.png

Pretty much one of my best starts in WoC since 23., but I usually play on Top 50 teams.

The only thing I can really say is I like the speed downgrade. It seems to prevent teams from just trying to zoom out the zone for breakaways, but it makes people just try to pile on builds that go the fastest. 94/95 speed seems to be the meta. Even as a D-man.

Lots of cons. The AI goalies are horrendous. Even worse than 24. One Tee is OP. Stats for games over 3 people seem to be broken (Not sure for PS, but they are for Xbox). Paid builds are on the OP side, but that's EA's way. The IceQ bullshit is overblown and not worth $60 for standard or $100 for special. Maybe the AI is better for their money maker mode called HUT that saps fund EA by buying packs, but WoC continues to get neglected. Also, I wish EA leaves clubs alone when it comes to having fornite-like avatars skating around the ice. Leave that shit for drops or threes or ones.

Outside of the speed decrease, which just could've been a tweak, it's the same game that they made worse with all the Day 1 bugs.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
JXF9Uaf.png

Pretty much one of my best starts in WoC since 23., but I usually play on Top 50 teams.

The only thing I can really say is I like the speed downgrade. It seems to prevent teams from just trying to zoom out the zone for breakaways, but it makes people just try to pile on builds that go the fastest. 94/95 speed seems to be the meta. Even as a D-man.

Lots of cons. The AI goalies are horrendous. Even worse than 24. One Tee is OP. Stats for games over 3 people seem to be broken (Not sure for PS, but they are for Xbox). Paid builds are on the OP side, but that's EA's way. The IceQ bullshit is overblown and not worth $60 for standard or $100 for special. Maybe the AI is better for their money maker mode called HUT that saps fund EA by buying packs, but WoC continues to get neglected. Also, I wish EA leaves clubs alone when it comes to having fornite-like avatars skating around the ice. Leave that shit for drops or threes or ones.

Outside of the speed decrease, which just could've been a tweak, it's the same game that they made worse with all the Day 1 bugs.
Nice stats. I have to agree that the one timers are OP, but like hitting last year, it adds a fun element to the game, especially when it comes to defensemen. Being able to join an odd man rush and completely obliterate a 103mph puck is an improvement over the weak shots from the point we've had to deal with in recent years.

Saucer and area passes also work again this year.

I haven't noticed the paid builds. But I always thought that there was a big weakness I'm every rebuild, which is why most tend to move away from them.

This is the first year where I've made a build that jacked the shooting stats and it's resulting in more goals from the point.

Overall, it's a big upgrade on the past five releases of this game provided they figure out the matchmaking in Clubs.

Reactions: ReddestRum

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
Update tomorrow:

Nice stats. I have to agree that the one timers are OP, but like hitting last year, it adds a fun element to the game, especially when it comes to defensemen. Being able to join an odd man rush and completely obliterate a 103mph puck is an improvement over the weak shots from the point we've had to deal with in recent years.

Saucer and area passes also work again this year.

I haven't noticed the paid builds. But I always thought that there was a big weakness I'm every rebuild, which is why most tend to move away from them.

This is the first year where I've made a build that jacked the shooting stats and it's resulting in more goals from the point.

Overall, it's a big upgrade on the past five releases of this game provided they figure out the matchmaking in Clubs.

As you can see from my stats, I've completely given up on hitting this year. Everything is about the poke for me, and so far it's working well. I've still got stretch enough to move guys out in front waiting for tips, but I have to time it right.

I take it you're a D-man? What kind of build?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad