NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

nightonthesun

Sep 8, 2013
New Jersey
Have they improved the menu UI at all?

Can you stick check/play defense?
the franchise mode menus are organized in a slightly more convenient way, but the lag is worse. My first thought was maybe the addition of movement clauses and other things ended up causing a need for a menu overhaul that didn’t end up solving the problem? It’s a bizarre downgrade otherwise.

Got called for a slash when in good position a couple of times, but generally stick checking feels more reliable to me. So far I feel teammate AI improvements have made playing d a bit more fun

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Can we control multiple teams and force trade in Franchise like 2K series?

Would also be nice if we can edit players attributes, ratings, height, weight, contract in Franchise mode too?

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
I'm kind of enjoying the game but I think I need to find an EASHL club.

6v6 drop in's is just rife with players with speed maxed out, just cherry picking all game long. Every year small fast players with cheesy goals encoded in their DNA get made more effective, and the ways of stopping them get worse and worse.

As a forward, you get saddled with AI defenders too often that just let them walk past every time... so someone (usually me) has to be a 3rd defender and basically play behind them all game.

As a defensemen, it's just a barrage of 3 on 1's as every other player including the other defensemen just rush into the zone (or don't do anything helpful) and hand the puck over at the worst possible time to the 1 non-cherry picking guy actually hanging back... and inevitably the cherry pickers get behind you if you pinch, or try to help on offense, or actually play the game at all.

Whenever I get matched into a club game it's really fun. People play their positions, back eachother up when they see someone try for something, typically not getting paired with people who never played any NHL game before in their life, etc. Alas, I have no friends lol

Last edited:
Reactions: EdJovanovski

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
FINALLY we have NTC, NMC's, real contract negotiations

Now for next year give me LTIR, protected draft picks and 3 way trades so we can get 75% retention.

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
WOC is definitely much better than the last 2 years. It seems like the skill gap is back which was a big problem. The game is not perfect but it's an improvement IMO.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Played nearly 10 hours (WOC, Franchise, Be a Pro, Online Versus)

I like the new skating with Mohawks & proper edgework. It's not overpowered at all like some people worried it would be, making it impossible to knock the puck off them or something.

Teammate AI when playing as NHL teams, seems to be improved. I'm noticing my teammates being more assertive and also breaking up the other teams passes.

The player models too skinny almost like they aren't wearing shoulder pads.

They got rid of the 30 second countdown during intermissions of WOC, why??

I like that one timers are less underpowered now, they are one of the highest danger shots in hockey. BUT they should tweak it to make them less powered when taking one from the blueline. I've noticed some really bad point shot one timers going in where Shesterkin sprawling to his chest with nobody screening him, on a shot from the blueline.

Overall I think gameplay has improved. My biggest gripes with the game aren't gameplay, it's the cosmetic things. Not sure if that's a popular opinion as I see most people complain mostly about gameplay and main don't care about graphics and aesthetics.

It's the same player customization engine from like 15 years ago WTF. Still selecting from pre-made faces rather than having sliders for each facial feature in 2024 on a ps5, is INSANE. This is by far my biggest gripe with the game.

The graphics are absolute GARBAGE compared to FC (FIFA). The gap between FC and NHL in graphics is literally bigger than the gap between NHL 24 & NHL 07. Utterly insane. Jerseys still look like paint rather than the texture of a jersey. It's a joke. World of Chel exact same cutscenes and same bullshit from a decade or whenever ago.

Since they finally made some changes to Franchise mode this year though, I'm expecting (maybe I'm too optimistic lol) that next year is Be a Pro that gets changed with overhauled customization, cut scenes, interviews, etc.

I gotta agree. If you CAN’T fix the AI or replicate real hockey any more than how far we’ve come, to where there’s neutral zone play and real cycles (hell, the ability to stuck handle AND keep your feet moving at the same time doesn’t exist… in an NHL game… it’s stick handle and glide or skate and do not handle the puck at all) at least go fix something you can fix… there is no AI tweaking or behaviors or engine functionality that needs to be considered for you to revamp the player creation/editor that is staler than the pretzels in grandma’s cabinet. There isn’t anything stopping you from letting us edit NHLers hair either, so that guys like … oh, I don’t know, ONE OF THE COVER ATHLETES, can have actual long hair (Jack Hughes, anyone?) instead of being stuck with whatever you assigned him in NHL 20. Forget wishing for a new opening cinematic for BAP (or any improvement at all). These are not the most important things but if they’re a lot easier than trying to program a gaming engine to behave like real life neutral zone NHL athletes, can we at least get these quality of life features?

Reactions: EdJovanovski

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad