NHL 25 Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I only play EASHL, so this is just my opinion after 20 club games.

Better:
Menus(way faster)
Hitting(slightly more difficult to line up, but if you get a good hit on someone they’re out of the play for a bit like they should be)
Skating(slower straight line, faster side to side. They’re going to nerf the Mohawks at some point because you can really get wheeling with them)
One timers(I don’t think they’re OP. They’re a high quality chance like they’re supposed to be)
Scoreboard
Penalties in general(didn’t see a terrible boarding call or any elbowing)
Stick lift is way better. Can actually use it. Saw one penalty with it and the guy was in terrible position to use it.
Don’t get stuck on teammates/opponents. Didn’t think much of that addition when they announced it but it’s been really nice.
Dump ins from the neutral zone are perfect. They land in the corner and actually give you a chance to retrieve it. Dump outs from your own zone are better but not as good as they should be.
Poke check is in a good place. Still useful but not OP.
Endurance/fatigue actually matters a bit.
CPU pass speed. Not perfect, but better.
Can actually call for a cpu shot on PS5. That went away for a year for some unknown reason on ps5 only.
The same:

Pressure system. No reason for it to be in the game as it does practically nothing. Either make it do something or take it out.

CPU shot selection. Still bad

Goalies. Still too good on great chances and not nearly good enough on poor chances.

Pass block still mostly useless.

Hitting someone and the puck just perfectly travels to their next teammate even though it’s not the direction the puck was heading.

Worse:

Puck chop. Slower to activate and doesn’t provide the speed/power it used to.

Game matching. Hopefully it’s just an oversight but currently you can’t match room size, game location, or goalie. A lot of our time was spent backing out of lobbies because we’re at 125 ping or the other team backing out because they have a goalie and we don’t.

Deflections but I’m happy about this. They still go in but not the same frequency at all.

Overall this feels like a really good patch for 24. I found it stupid when people were saying 24 was just 23.5 or something because the two games were drastically different. This is actually 24.5. Lots of small, good tweaks. The game is better, but it’s not worth the upgrade from 24 if you only play casually IMO.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
From what I'm seeing online, the changes to franchise are nice but overall the mode still sucks. Menu lag has apparently gotten even worse??

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I only play EASHL, so this is just my opinion after 20 club games.

Better:
Menus(way faster)
Hitting(slightly more difficult to line up, but if you get a good hit on someone they’re out of the play for a bit like they should be)
Skating(slower straight line, faster side to side. They’re going to nerf the Mohawks at some point because you can really get wheeling with them)
One timers(I don’t think they’re OP. They’re a high quality chance like they’re supposed to be)
Scoreboard
Penalties in general(didn’t see a terrible boarding call or any elbowing)
Stick lift is way better. Can actually use it. Saw one penalty with it and the guy was in terrible position to use it.
Don’t get stuck on teammates/opponents. Didn’t think much of that addition when they announced it but it’s been really nice.
Dump ins from the neutral zone are perfect. They land in the corner and actually give you a chance to retrieve it. Dump outs from your own zone are better but not as good as they should be.
Poke check is in a good place. Still useful but not OP.
Endurance/fatigue actually matters a bit.
CPU pass speed. Not perfect, but better.
Can actually call for a cpu shot on PS5. That went away for a year for some unknown reason on ps5 only.
The same:

Pressure system. No reason for it to be in the game as it does practically nothing. Either make it do something or take it out.

CPU shot selection. Still bad

Goalies. Still too good on great chances and not nearly good enough on poor chances.

Pass block still mostly useless.

Hitting someone and the puck just perfectly travels to their next teammate even though it’s not the direction the puck was heading.

Worse:

Puck chop. Slower to activate and doesn’t provide the speed/power it used to.

Game matching. Hopefully it’s just an oversight but currently you can’t match room size, game location, or goalie. A lot of our time was spent backing out of lobbies because we’re at 125 ping or the other team backing out because they have a goalie and we don’t.

Deflections but I’m happy about this. They still go in but not the same frequency at all.

Overall this feels like a really good patch for 24. I found it stupid when people were saying 24 was just 23.5 or something because the two games were drastically different. This is actually 24.5. Lots of small, good tweaks. The game is better, but it’s not worth the upgrade from 24 if you only play casually IMO.
Agree with most of it, except the bold. Pass block is imperative if you want to effectively cover a lane. You generally don't even need to be facing the puck carrier either. It just needs to be timed appropriately.

One of my favorite things over the past few seasons is the implementation of the hip check animation and the ability to move your player laterally to change the angle you close on puck carriers. Combining it with an effective pass block makes you a significantly better defender. You can even time it properly to strip pucks by gaining inside body position.

Hip check and pass block is life.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Agree with most of it, except the bold. Pass block is imperative if you want to effectively cover a lane. You generally don't even need to be facing the puck carrier either. It just needs to be timed appropriately.

One of my favorite things over the past few seasons is the implementation of the hip check animation and the ability to move your player laterally to change the angle you close on puck carriers. Combining it with an effective pass block makes you a significantly better defender. You can even time it properly to strip pucks by gaining inside body position.

Hip check and pass block is life.
Nah. Still goes through, around, or over the stick. You’re better off just standing in the lane. Even if it does hit the stick the other guy will just pick it up before you finish the animation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad