NHL 24 Discussion

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Some how I tried taking a slapshot, it released backwards and I ended up scoring on myself from the point in OT in game 7 of the cup final in the attacking zone, great programing there EA, after that I uninstalled and quit playing the game, havent played it since the holidays, I can take losing organically but when the game decides to deliberately screw me over I got a bone to pick with that.
I believe it too from the dumb shit I've witnessed not only to me but friends and opponents playing against us. :laugh:

We always refer to it as "getting EA'd."

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
EA NHL 24 is free on certain PS subs for anyone looking. Or at least, it was when I downloaded it

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
The only way I'm buying NHL 25 is if they've rewritten the core game engine.

But EA Canada never does anything to fix this game, so I seriously doubt that happens. I wonder when the Ultimate Team cash dries up enough for EA to farm it out to a different studio to modernize the code base?
This is the only way the game can be fixed IMO but considering the steady declined in sales, I don't see it happening. EA is all about $ and since it would be a risky investment, I just can't see it happening unfortunately.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Some how I tried taking a slapshot, it released backwards and I ended up scoring on myself from the point in OT in game 7 of the cup final in the attacking zone, great programing there EA, after that I uninstalled and quit playing the game, havent played it since the holidays, I can take losing organically but when the game decides to deliberately screw me over I got a bone to pick with that.
yikes. Yeah - there are sequences i even yell at the TV to just "give em their goal so that i can play" . Those sequences where they dont have anything going for htem then its a minute of godmode (no in-zone domination meter) where checking, pokecheking, etc gives you nothing. All the bounces are theirs and you know something is going in, it doesnt matter that your team is 99 playing a 72.

this got me to rage quit for a while though. These were not one timers or breakaway goals either. One was a backhand shot that i took as a dump at the time.......until it went right in as if i had no one in net. I lost a game like this where my goalie didnt make a single save - i didnt think to take a screenshot though at the time . I was too busy introducing my controller to the wall as hard as i could
1722858133146.png

• Wow
Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
This franchise is utter crap and horribly lazy. They re-skin the game and only care about HUT because 20 yr old losers are spending their money on garbage.

There was one time in a random 6v6 EASHL drop in game, someone volunteered the info that they had their account banned and they lost "thousands of dollars" in money spent on HUT.

It blew me away that... a. anyone actually spent that much on any game, no less that trash mode... and b. that they aren't humiliated enough by that fact to not casually mention it to a group of strangers.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There was one time in a random 6v6 EASHL drop in game, someone volunteered the info that they had their account banned and they lost "thousands of dollars" in money spent on HUT.

It blew me away that... a. anyone actually spent that much on any game, no less that trash mode... and b. that they aren't humiliated enough by that fact to not casually mention it to a group of strangers.
HUT at one time wasn't actually a bad mode. back in NHL 13-17 you could spend like 20 bucks and get a legit team to run with for most, if not the entire season since good cards stayed good. 17 was super consumer friendly iirc since they put out a midseason pack refresh that bumped a bunch of cards overalls to the point it cost almost nothing to a get a great team because the market imploded.

after that though the mode took a really rough turn. Base card's overalls were slashed because they realized they could simply release 45 of the same player with +1 to speed, or shooting every other week and people would just open their wallets.

Haven't played HUT seriously since 15.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
This is the only way the game can be fixed IMO but considering the steady declined in sales, I don't see it happening. EA is all about $ and since it would be a risky investment, I just can't see it happening unfortunately.

I agree but wish they could see that declining sales is in part due to how bad the game has gotten

Favster

Jul 21, 2013
Montreal
I agree but wish they could see that declining sales is in part due to how bad the game has gotten
Ya it's a vicious circle of steady bad sales numbers which lead to less investment to upgrade the game. I just don't see EA taking such a big financial risk but who knows, crazier things have happened.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
yikes. Yeah - there are sequences i even yell at the TV to just "give em their goal so that i can play" . Those sequences where they dont have anything going for htem then its a minute of godmode (no in-zone domination meter) where checking, pokecheking, etc gives you nothing. All the bounces are theirs and you know something is going in, it doesnt matter that your team is 99 playing a 72.

this got me to rage quit for a while though. These were not one timers or breakaway goals either. One was a backhand shot that i took as a dump at the time.......until it went right in as if i had no one in net. I lost a game like this where my goalie didnt make a single save - i didnt think to take a screenshot though at the time . I was too busy introducing my controller to the wall as hard as i could View attachment 899223
my friend jokingly call these 70$ games because of the controller that needs to be replaced.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
1723686891508.png

I know this is the EA hockey forum here, but just a small glimpse into how brain dead EA is.

They just posted this official ad for Madden 25 floating about “deeper NFL immersion”, and then they showed a Quarterback returning a kickoff lol.

Nothing says “immersion” like having a QB playing out of position, in a position that you cant even place him in the game.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Only in the second period of my minor league team

Shit like this is why I hate this f***ing game. Not only have I had 42 shots but idk how many rebound chances that have gone the other way or had a funny bounce or just one of my guys not being in position.

Of course they score on some stupid bullshit my goalie making one save then flopping

Whats funny is again idk how many shot chances I have missed with their goalie being out of position.

Attachments

• IMG_3289.jpeg
    IMG_3289.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad