**NHL 15 thread** Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

KreiMeARiver*

Exactly. Add all the microtransactions and I wouldn't be surprised if the total is double of that. For them it's business and they're definitely NOT loosing money. There's a reason they managed to get HUT into next-gen.
Obviously EASHL won't net as much since there are only few boosts you can buy and it's a one-off purchase. Hell, I bet most people don't even bother with buying the boosts. GM Connected? There are no microtransactions at all.

Soon enough we'll just end up calling this HUT XX.

yeah it will be like one of those "games" for iOS or Android that you download and realize that you can't actually PLAY...but just buy player cards and sim the games. Yeah TONS of fun. DIE DIE DIE

HUT '16 should be wicked awesome

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
If there was ever a time for 2K to come back with a hockey game, it's next year. 2K should take advantage of a huge ****-up like this and run with it.

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Has anything actually been confirmed or are people just flipping for no reason?

What more information do people need....Most of us aren't blind and accept the fact EA ****ed us over once again...Why show them any faith...

-1-2 players ONLINE on the official game box via Costco AND Best Buy
-NO EASHL achievements, which EVERY game had MULTIPLE ones and other online achievements...
-Keeping quiet until last minute. If they had something new and awesome to show they would of done it forever ago to build hype at either draft, awards, gamescons etc....They got nothing to show....It's all been shown..

Its gone people....and no achievements suggest something new and exciting is replacing it which they would definitely have.

Its for 360/PS3....next gen got the shaft with visual upgrades....

Glad I still have my 360....

Last edited:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Has anything actually been confirmed or are people just flipping for no reason?

Nothing has been confirmed from EA. (But nothing has been said, period, on the matter).

That said, there are about 10 pieces of evidence, with varying degrees of reliability and utility, that suggest that EASHL and GMC are not in the next-gen versions--from individual accounts of the game screens to leaks from people with (alleged) connections to programmers (where this all started) to the photos of the boxes, the breakdown of the achievement list, and the absence of a mention on the published promotional materials (compared to the 360/ps3 versions).

As far as I know, there is no substantial reason to believe that they are at this point, other than the simple assumption that EA wouldn't remove them. There was a strong statement from an EA forums mod that all modes were back in the game--but then he later clarified that that was only for 360/ps3, which would seem to imply that all modes are not returning for the next-gen systems.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
3 things:

1. Wasn't Kernkraft 4000 in NHL 13? they're using it again that quickly?

2. I can't find "Chain Gang" by Close Your Eyes, is there a yt of it?

3. Finally, do you or anyone else know the song played at 2:38 of this video after Ottawa scores?

1. Yes it was.
2. There's no YT of it. Even I couldn't find one. That's what Shazam told me the song was, so I was relentless in my pursuit to verify it with my own ears. Eventually, I found an MP3 of it after quite a lot of digging and it was definitely the correct song (the one after Suter scores to make it 3-0 Wild).
3. Even Shazam didn't know what that song was. Nobody knows :laugh:

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
No? the video listing every achievement in the game and not one EASHL achievement being in there is not enough for you?

Really?

Its 100% confirmed not in.

That's not really what most people considered "confirmed." Those are (IMO, rather compelling) pieces of evidence that suggest that it isn't included, but not confirmation.

I think there's a group of people who are willing to wait for EA to actually release the information.

The Leafs Fan

Jun 11, 2014
Toronto
BestBuy and Futureshop say 1-2 players as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 20

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
That's not really what most people considered "confirmed." Those are (IMO, rather compelling) pieces of evidence that suggest that it isn't included, but not confirmation.

I think there's a group of people who are willing to wait for EA to actually release the information.

No, there is plenty of infomation out there to make a confirmation without EA saying anything. Including the fact that EA won't say anything.

We saw every achievement in the game. No EASHL. Its not in. That is confirmation, straight from the game.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
We saw every achievement in the game. No EASHL. Its not in. That is confirmation, straight from the game.

...that's only confirmation that there are no achievements for EASHL, not that there isn't an EASHL.

Read my posts, I've been saying for a week that I suspected that the modes weren't included, and I'm thoroughly convinced at this point--but I wouldn't say it is confirmed.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am close to canceling my pre-order and just spend my money on Destiny. I will wait until EA officially announces the game modes before i make my decision.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
...that's only confirmation that there are no achievements for EASHL, not that there isn't an EASHL.

Read my posts, I've been saying for a week that I suspected that the modes weren't included, and I'm thoroughly convinced at this point--but I wouldn't say it is confirmed.

Seeing a list of achievements for a video game that does not mention a game mode is confirmation that said game mode is not in the game.

There comes a time where there is simply enough infomation out there to where official word is not really needed.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
The achievements list is circumstantial evidence. It's a GIGANTIC piece of circumstantial evidence, but still circumstantial evidence. It is no smoking gun to 100% confirm that EASHL is not in the game (like a direct statement or menu shot with no EASHL included), but it is a huge piece of circumstantial evidence that, when combined with all the other evidence, would be able to convince many, myself included, beyond all reasonable doubt, that there is no EASHL on next-gen.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
The only way the achievement thing would be different is if they add the achievements at the same time they add the mode to the game at the last minute... but that won't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad