Speculation: Next Oilers GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomGuy79

Oct 4, 2017
Surrey
Cool, has anyone credible actually said Bowman is the front runner? I haven't been tracking social media too much, so I don't know.

Jackson seems to hold his cards close to his chest so everyone starts slinging mud and see what sticks. But there has been far too many mentions of Bowman for my liking.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Blackhawks fan coming in peace. I am legitimately wondering why the team went with an outside hire? Edmonton was 2 goals away from winning the Stanley Cup a few weeks ago and had a really nice July 1st in free agency. Why not stick with the team that made all that happen?

Hilariously, I could see you guys winning the cup next year and Bowman (again) getting the credit for a team that someone else built (Dale Tallon in our case). Although to be fair, he did a good job rebuilding the team in 2013 and 2015.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Well, the Oilers sure aren't going to be winning over any other fans with this hire.

Let's see if he and the Oilers management addresse the giant elephant in the room during his initial press conference. They should imo, and the answer needs to be a good one.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Blackhawks fan coming in peace. I am legitimately wondering why the team went with an outside hire? Edmonton was 2 goals away from winning the Stanley Cup a few weeks ago and had a really nice July 1st in free agency. Why not stick with the team that made all that happen?

Hilariously, I could see you guys winning the cup next year and Bowman (again) getting the credit for a team that someone else built (Dale Tallon in our case). Although to be fair, he did a good job rebuilding the team in 2013 and 2015.
Simple: Oilers management is f***ing stupid.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I am more confused and surprised than anything. I didn’t think he was a “Jeff Jackson” type of guy. Maybe JJ is a Scotty Bowman fanboy or something.

Reactions: McDoused

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Curious to listen to this press conference. The Oilers never like to keep it drama free.

Will be a waste of time.

The local media that has spent weeks trying to prepare the fans for this will lob him a few softballs that have rehearsed answers and then he'll get 14 questions that are slightly different variations of asking him how excited he is to join an organization that has Connor McDavid in it.

ConnorNova0929

Feb 25, 2023
I am more confused and surprised than anything. I didn’t think he was a “Jeff Jackson” type of guy. Maybe JJ is a Scotty Bowman fanboy or something.

Was JJ Seth Jones agent? Maybe he's paying him back for that sweet sweet overpay that ultimately f***ed our cap with the Nurse signing lol

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Will be a waste of time.

The local media that has spent weeks trying to prepare the fans for this will lob him a few softballs that have rehearsed answers and then he'll get 14 questions that are slightly different variations of asking him how excited he is to join an organization that has Connor McDavid in it.

Spector will come through for us :nod:

• Haha
Reactions: McDoused

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Will be a waste of time.

Over/under on it being more embarrassing than the infamous "six rings" presser?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Am I allowed to complain yet or do we all need to keep relaxing?
Well I have spent my last dollar on this franchise. I’m not going to abandon the team or stop watching cause the players don’t that from the fans but the org doesn’t deserve a f***ing dollar.

What an absolute joke

What the hell is this Shit. Another god damn dinosaur. Why Jackson, why?
Jackson builds good will with the fanbase this offseason to immediately throw it all out the window.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Well I have spent my last dollar on this franchise. I’m not going to abandon the team or stop watching cause the players don’t that from the fans but the org doesn’t deserve a f***ing dollar.

What an absolute joke

Jackson builds good will with the fanbase this offseason to immediately throw it all out the window.
Never thought they could undo the goodwill of a cup run so quickly but here we are. Just another baffling hire by the Oilers.

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
I'm usually a guy who stays quiet on social media but this makes me want to raise my pitch fork. Who's the best person to blast on twitter?? This is extreme ass and I'm pissed

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Never thought they could undo the goodwill of a cup run so quickly but here we are. Just another baffling hire by the Oilers.
There were tons of candidates that would have been far better.

Bowman has proven to be a mediocre GM at best.

Like even if you ignore what got him banned from the f***ing league and that didn’t happen. He still would have been a bad choice.

Reactions: Porkleaker

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
There were tons of candidates that would have been far better.

Bowman has proven to be a mediocre GM at best.

Like even if you ignore what got him banned from the f***ing league and that didn’t happen. He still would have been a bad choice.
Jackson proved in a week that he was the best GM we've had since.... well, since I started following the team at least.

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad