Speculation: Next Oilers GM?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
There were tons of candidates that would have been far better.

Bowman has proven to be a mediocre GM at best.

Like even if you ignore what got him banned from the f***ing league and that didn’t happen. He still would have been a bad choice.
Not sure I agree there. He did a good job re tooling those hawks teams support cast to win two more cups after the cap crunch hit them hard in 2010. It’s just such terrible optics I don’t get how this was worth it. They had to know that going in though so clearly they believe in him strongly right or wrong.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Not sure I agree there. He did a good job re tooling those hawks teams support cast to win two more cups after the cap crunch hit them hard in 2010. It’s just such terrible optics I don’t get how this was worth it. They had to know that going in though so clearly they believe in him strongly right or wrong.
He also then immediately sewered the team so bad that they still haven't recovered.
The reason we have Nurse at 9mill is the guy we just hired.

Reactions: Porkleaker

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
1721831893756.png

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Spector is hosting his charity golf tournament today. He and other media guys will have to make a choice whether to attend the press conference or golf tournament.

JJ probably picked this day for that reason alone.
I've already got the perfect headline for him.

"Oilers go Blackhawk Tuah all over their fans."

Too bad he'd never write that. It's too clever for him.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
What a dumb move!!!! The fans/media have been saying no to this and this organization ignores it! No need to do this; Bowman shouldn't get this chance right away; needs to earn it. If he was an assistant GM or an advisor, then ok but a really bad move for this team/org. The presser is going to be real interesting today!

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Oh my.

I couldn’t care much either way, and I’m a big believer in 2nd chances and against cancel culture.

Not sure if this is the right move from a purely GM ability perspective, but if this causes several posters to delete their accounts and clean up this board…well…then it’s Jeff Jackson’s best move of the Summer :thumbu::sarcasm:

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
I think this is a poor move, but the only thing that matters is what McDavid and Drai think. If they are good with it, everyone else will be good with it.

Reactions: McDoused

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
I am not here to troll and just giving my honest opinion. Bowman was literally the worst GM in the league after 2015, when he was doing small tinkers he was fine, as soon as the preassembled core of Tallon started to get older and he had to make real changes to the team he literally made every bad move in the book.

-Traded Saad for Anisomov to save a million
-Then lost Panarin to get Saad back
-Gave away Terravainen as a sweetener to get rid of ONE year of Bickel at 4 million
-Gave away 2 1st round draft picks and first round prospect pick to get Seth jones and then went on to massively overpay him and handicap this teams cup till 2030 - He did this cause he thought that was the year for the Hawks to win the cup but it was obvious to me and others that the Hawks were bottom feeders and not contenders and that reflected the standings that year
-He fired Coach Q and put in some clown to coach the team which was completely clueless and pathetic

I can go on for days listing his bad moves, he is a horrible GM, I am known on the Hawks board to rip on him for years sunce he started making bad moves in 2015, I call him Stan the Man. Don’t mind me coming here and pointing out his stupidity. I was going hard for the Oilers these playoffs as I live in Canada and love McDavid, this is bas news indeed.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
He also then immediately sewered the team so bad that they still haven't recovered.
The reason we have Nurse at 9mill is the guy we just hired.
I mean they lost Hossa for nothing and pretty much lost Toews for a stretch and he was never the same. Lost Seabrook and Keith took a step back. That team was going to fall off no matter what. There’s nothing he could have done to replace 4 of your original 5 championship core guys. The only guy still performing at a high level was Kane.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I am not here to troll and just giving my honest opinion. Bowman was literally the worst GM in the league after 2015, when he was doing small tinkers he was fine, as soon as the preassembled core of Tallon started to get older and he had to make real changes to the team he literally made every bad move in the book.

-Gave away Terravainen as a sweetener to get rid of ONE year of Bickel at 4 million
-Gave away 2 1st round draft picks and first round prospect pick to get Seth jones and then went on to massively overpay him and handicap this teams cup till 2030 - He did this cause he thought that was the year for the Hawks to win the cup but it was obvious to me and others that the Hawks were bottom feeders and not contenders and that reflected the standings that year
-He fired Coach Q and put in some clown to coach the team which was completely clueless and pathetic

I can go on for days listing his bad moves, he is a horrible GM, I am known on the Hawks board to rip on him for years sunce he started making bad moves in 2015, I call him Stan the Man. Don’t mind me coming here and pointing out his stupidity. I was going hard for the Oilers these playoffs as I live in Canada and love McDavid, this is bas news indeed.
baggage aside, this is why I didn't want to hire him...he's mediocre at best

our only hope is that he's a puppet GM and JJ is making the calls

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Jeff Jackson yesterday > Chiarelli > Jeff Jackson today

Disregarding the baggage where he protected a sexual predator, Bowman is shit. f*** this move

I hope to eat a big fat crow less than a year from now but I’m obviously heavily disappointed

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

To be fair, he did bring in Panarin. I find not many GMs are good at making small trades and they rarely look like anything good especially when the team is already on a steep decline. Chicago's window was closing as soon as Toews and Kane signed the 10.5M deals

Kaniac

Sep 11, 2018
I'm not sure how anyone can be excited by this hire. Sexualt assault stuff aside, Bowman was a terrible GM in his latter years. What a rug pull by Jackson.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton

Thanks for confirming my feelings of doom. :(

• Haha
Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Got to Hell, Katz and f*** You Jackson. At a time when all things are positive and looking good, you two idiots go and completely botch this crucial hiring? Right when we are delicately trying to get Draisaitl signed? Why put everyone through this? You think Connor is going to enjoy answering questions about this for the next 6 months?

There is an enormous world full of good people with brilliant hockey minds, and this is the Oilers choice? Seriously? f*** off.

Since Sather left, we’ve almost exclusively been piloted by boneheads. We’ve been a laughingstock for decades. I was finally thinking we had some clear-eyed and intelligent, classy people running things and “BAM!” Right back into the box of shame where I’m embarrassed to be a fan of the team.

F U Katz, again. And F U Jackson.

Reactions: Shizuka

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
This Bowman “covered it up” narrative seems like such non sense. He wasn’t even completely aware of what happened and was told it would be handled. That’s on the people above Bowman.
Good lord!
ignorance plea? He was the damn GM
ok ok
You convinced me, he's great. I cannot wait to read the defense of our incoming goalie Carter Hart and new coach Bill Peters!

• Haha
Reactions: CantHaveTkachev
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad