Marlies Discussion: News | We've signed forward Alex Nylander to a one-year AHL contract.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Phil can’t hear you with his Stanley cup rings in his ears.
Hits are so overrated :)

Concerning Alex….at 26 he is a still learning to be a professional. Some take longer and for some it just never clicks.

Hopefully being around his brother all yr will help.
It’s really a low risk signing.

26 is about the now or never age for a forward. D can break out in the late 20s.

Reactions: Its not your fault

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I remember him just not having a good showing in either of our rookie tournaments. That wasn’t nearly enough for me to be fine with trading him, but I remember it was for a lot of people on here.

I was high on him just from stat watching and from what Dave Morrison said of him post draft.

Verhaeghe came up at a time when he could have been an OHL darkhorse a la Connor Brownn or Josh Leivo. Just clicked way later than anyone would have guessed but throwing him out so early was also pointless by Lou Lamoriello.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
26 is about the now or never age for a forward. D can break out in the late 20s.

Bobby McMann kinda broke out with a good month and a half this past year and he’s 2 years younger than Alex Nylander. All it takes is another good stretch like his CBJ run and we could see him gain some momentum.

Reactions: thewave

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I hope he earns an NHL contract with the Leafs out of training camp. He demonstrated the ability to be effective at the NHL level last season.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Anyone have a scouting report on him

Is Nylander a cycle guy or an off the rush guy? Playmaker or just a scorer?

Can give you a preseason NHL scouting report. Looked like he suffers from analysis paralysis. He is scare to make a mistake looks hesitant. It's why he sucked.

He needs to play freely in his mind. Maybe it will work in the NHL then.

5 goal in his AHL stint is leading the team which is good.

Reactions: arso40

ManosArriba

Oct 24, 2017
Nylander is a bit of a floater and pretty useless 5 on 5, most of his success is coming on the powerplay. I don't see where he fits on the leafs roster, he doesn't have the defensive ability, edge or the motor to play in the bottom six. I would love to be wrong but I just don't see him getting a contract here.

Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad