Marlies Discussion: News | We've signed forward Alex Nylander to a one-year AHL contract.

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
He's going to be motivated to play up with the big team with his brother, I can see 20 goals from him if he's on the big team

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
For those of you that think A. Nylander will come in, play the top line, and have a 30G - 30A 60 PTS season...

...mmmmmmmaybe temper your expectations.
I doubt anyone expects more than I'm happy to play 3rd line and score 25g for cheap.

I doubt anyone expects more than I'm happy to play 3rd line and score 25g for cheap.
11 g in 25 games on Columbus is 25 with his brother in Tor.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
As others have mentioned I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with an NHL deal eventually this year. Leafs obviously will be frontrunners.for obvious reasons if/when that occurs

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga
That was a good move. Treliving is making some smart signings to add depth in advance since he doesn't have any draft capital to make trades in the season.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Knies Matthews Marner
Nylander Domi Nylander
McMann Tavares Jarnkrok

Line 2 is getting scored on 3 times a game

No risk signing and I can see him up with the Leafs at some point, hopefully being around William can jumpstart his career

Reactions: Kazparov

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

I don't think It's a pickup for the Marlies, I think they fully intend to sign him.

You look at his age, and his numbers with Columbus, they are VERY similar to the numbers that Bunting put up in Arizona the year before he went to Toronto.

Now I'm not saying he's going to come in here and put up 63 points like Bunting did because Bunting got to play with Matthews and Marner, and baring injury I think Knies is secure in that spot.

But I do wonder if a similar opportunity to the one that was given to Bunting will be presented to Alex.

I wonder if we see Nylander Tavares Nylander at some point.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Brad is making some excellent moves. Really happy with the job he's doing.

Agreed, except for the Lilly contract, I HATE that contract, I'm unbelievably sick of Lilly, but even that contract is only 2 years.

Beyond that Brad is doing a great job.

and so far he's not selling the future to do it, he's had 2 1sts he's kept them both.

Reactions: socko

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don't think It's a pickup for the Marlies, I think they fully intend to sign him.

You look at his age, and his numbers with Columbus, they are VERY similar to the numbers that Bunting put up in Arizona the year before he went to Toronto.

Now I'm not saying he's going to come in here and put up 63 points like Bunting did because Bunting got to play with Matthews and Marner, and baring injury I think Knies is secure in that spot.

But I do wonder if a similar opportunity to the one that was given to Bunting will be presented to Alex.

I wonder if we see Nylander Tavares Nylander at some point.
I very much doubt we will see him on the Leafs at all. This guy's experience is nothing like Bunting's rise to the NHL. He has failed with every team he has been with. A short burst of goals with Columbus likely doesn't mean much. He is closer to Ho Sang than he is to Bunting.

Stringer Bell

Dec 16, 2009
Only a 30 goal 60 point pace in the minors, never really sniffed ppg down there. 11 goals in 23 nhl games is clearly the outlier.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Yeah, not great.

Wonder if it came easy for William and little brother thought it would be the same thing?

Or maybe William is a fitness hound and it is finally getting through to the brat?
The upside involved should probably explain why teams have continued to come calling. Perhaps things will finally click at this stop and offer him some future stability?

Reactions: notDatsyuk

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
0.65 ppg would have put him fifth on the Leafs last year, behind JT at 0.81 and ahead of Domi at 0.59. Coincidentally his toi per game also would have him at fifth.

Interesting no risk signing.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
1722235227631.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad