News & Notes XLIV: Revenge of the Seth

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Actions speak louder than words. I've heard plenty of "lip-service" over the years only to watch them continue doing the same things right afterwards...let's see them put it into action!
Before Dundon took over, I agree we saw some of that, but we haven't really seen that over the past 6. This has been the 3rd best regular season team in the NHL over the last 6 seasons combined. You don't get there by giving "lip service".

Or course they could still lay and egg the next game, but it hasn't been an issue over the past 6 seasons.

I think more of the issue is with a lot of new guys, they are going to take time to gel, particularly on defense where Walker and Ghost are completely different style players than Pesce/Skjei.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Devils played today and the Canes' last game was a lackluster effort, so if we DO see them lay an egg tomorrow, there's definitely some concern to be had.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Or maybe the team that’s got 5 games under its belt is gonna be way more into the swing of things than the team playing game 2.
Yeah, mother nature had a say, but this feels like it could be a scheduled loss. This first month already set up to be a relatively tough schedule, as it often is for us just by virtue of the long road trip. I'll be impressed if they can come out cilcking against the Devils.

StrmSurge

Kochetkov
Mar 19, 2019
Walhalla, SC
I wanted to start a thread with a poll, maybe someone would like to do that for me. The Q: Kochetkov or Andersen ? Who should be our starting goalie?

Well, as far as I've seen it's Koch by a landslide. Andersen is the old injured vet , who is known to choke in the playoffs, there is also plenty of evidence that he doesn't track the puck well.

Vs . The Young big Russian bear that is supposed to be our future and has shown the ability ( with stats to match) as much as Andersen last season that he is a top tender.

I would like Braindead RBA to explain why Kochetkov isn't my Canes starting tender.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I wanted to start a thread with a poll, maybe someone would like to do that for me. The Q: Kochetkov or Andersen ? Who should be our starting goalie?

Well, as far as I've seen it's Koch by a landslide. Andersen is the old injured vet , who is known to choke in the playoffs, there is also plenty of evidence that he doesn't track the puck well.

Vs . The Young big Russian bear that is supposed to be our future and has shown the ability ( with stats to match) as much as Andersen last season that he is a top tender.

I would like Braindead RBA to explain why Kochetkov isn't my Canes starting tender.
I don’t trust either of them in the play-off.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
^ LOL

Sergachev of all players is ranked higher than Slavin.

Most of the rankings are decent but there are a handful of players that are ranked objectively poorly.

I said once before that perhaps the greatest advantage the Hurricanes have is a league who is demonstrably bad at valuing defensive skill. So it's not surprising to see the media also bad at that same thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad