News & Notes XLIV: Revenge of the Seth

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Actions speak louder than words. I've heard plenty of "lip-service" over the years only to watch them continue doing the same things right afterwards...let's see them put it into action!
Before Dundon took over, I agree we saw some of that, but we haven't really seen that over the past 6. This has been the 3rd best regular season team in the NHL over the last 6 seasons combined. You don't get there by giving "lip service".

Or course they could still lay and egg the next game, but it hasn't been an issue over the past 6 seasons.

I think more of the issue is with a lot of new guys, they are going to take time to gel, particularly on defense where Walker and Ghost are completely different style players than Pesce/Skjei.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Devils played today and the Canes' last game was a lackluster effort, so if we DO see them lay an egg tomorrow, there's definitely some concern to be had.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Meh. If they go 0-5 maybe I’d start wondering what’s going on with this start and when are they going to start picking it up. I’m going to give it a month before I get worked up about it.

I’m probably won’t get worked up at all as I don’t have the highest expectations this year.

I didn’t last year either though. :huh:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Or maybe the team that’s got 5 games under its belt is gonna be way more into the swing of things than the team playing game 2.
Yeah, mother nature had a say, but this feels like it could be a scheduled loss. This first month already set up to be a relatively tough schedule, as it often is for us just by virtue of the long road trip. I'll be impressed if they can come out cilcking against the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad