Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Why not!!

The Rangers will come back down to earth...they arent that good

They're pretty good.

Their strength is their back end. Great goaltending, good/great defense, with an average scoring offense. I think their offense is clicking on all levels right now, but I do think that will come back down to earth a little bit. If it doesn't, that's trouble.

DeanCorso

Feb 20, 2014
Canada
They're pretty good.

Their strength is their back end. Great goaltending, good/great defense, with an average scoring offense. I think their offense is clicking on all levels right now, but I do think that will come back down to earth a little bit. If it doesn't, that's trouble.

The better team in New York will bring them down to earth next tuesday

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Rags special teams actually look planned and coached. Aggressive PK, in control and make the opponent make an exceptional play to score. Ours, not so much. The PP has their defensemen get pucks on net, crash the net and they are in constant motion.

They are most certainly in a groove right now but they can't keep it up through the full season. Cronin and Weight do not adjust, so what we see is what we will see in March/April.

I am nervous about Washington and Rags,mostly because they have Trotz and AV, and we have.......:shakehead

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
Why not!!

The Isles were doing great at the begining of the season because of pure skill and talent and they gelled quickely. As the season has and will go on and it will be even more up the the coaching staff to make sure the team continues to improve... i think with the Isles coaching they will improve less than most teams.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
Rangers are unreal, anyone who does not think they are the team to beat in the East is fooling themselves

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
the thing is about the rangers is they play bad for a few minutes but get back into gear they hardly take a whole period off

the islanders take 2 periods off sometimes or 1 and 1/2 periods

i wish we had justin williams on our team guy is hard working and clutch

and they played the whole game after a back to back great coaching to get them fired up no

wish we had great coaching

Last edited:

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
Why not!!

on what area are they not good? they had a bad start because it is normal for teams who played in the Cup to not have a good start as their season is 2 months longer than other teams

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Rangers are unreal, anyone who does not think they are the team to beat in the East is fooling themselves

It's a good team and they used a weak part of their schedule to gain momentum, confidence, and points. Good for them.

Playoffs come down to who is hot at time it starts, who is not, the matchups, who knows how to win, and who grows into winning while in them.

I think this year the playoff matchups in the EC will be brutal with the Isles most likely be a strong team, but lacking playoff experience puts them in a different tier. Check the matchups currently. TB/BOS, MON/DET, NYI/WAS, PIT/NYR.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
It's a good team and they used a weak part of their schedule to gain momentum, confidence, and points. Good for them.

Playoffs come down to who is hot at time it starts, who is not, the matchups, who knows how to win, and who grows into winning while in them.

I think this year the playoff matchups in the EC will be brutal with the Isles most likely be a strong team, but lacking playoff experience puts them in a different tier. Check the matchups currently. TB/BOS, MON/DET, NYI/WAS, PIT/NYR.

I think the top of the East is really strong. The new playoff format really creates interesting match ups too. As of right now, I'd prefer to play Tampa or Detroit (though I dread saying that because of the coaching match up)...but we'd have to make the ECF in order for that to happen most likely.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Vancouver has 4 less points that we do with two games in hand, and sit second in their division. I don't get the assertion that they aren't a good team? They have as many points as the Caps (who you were just touting) do with one less game played. Their Tortorella days are long behind them.

At this point, on January 8th, it's way too early to care what other teams are doing. They'll ebb and flow just like we do. On March 8th that discussion will be a bit more relevant. This place gets too high whenever we win, and far, far too low whenever this team loses. It's the most schizo board I've ever been a part of.

Did you stay up late to watch those two games?
I did, and what I saw concerns me.
No, the Nucks are not a good team, they started off hot and have gone into decline. They played miserably.

I have to be concerned about how the Islanders looked, how they played these two games. Both the Oil and Nucks played a sloppy, giveaway laden game. We played as badly or worse, even after the players promising that it would be different for the Nucks game.
We played well in spurts, on some shifts, some lines, but mostly gave the puck away too much, had trouble mounting an attack, problems hitting passes.
Hockey is a game of confidence and momentum at the NHL level.
The Islanders did not look like a confident team, and they had no momentum.
The two game loss by itself in a long season with half of it to go is not a huge thing by itself. The way they played and looked could be a big deal with a very tough schedule coming up unless they shake off what we saw in those games and snap back.
Choose for yourself how you want to see this matter right now when the Caps and Rags are rolling. They are now in a not so comfortable spot that they haven't been for almost two months. After all their successes, they fat lead has almost disappeared and they can read the standings and see that they are suddenly in a dog fight that they should want to stay out in front of.
Hopefully they rise to the fight. It is better to be ahead than to struggle form behind.
There is no way that we could have done anything about the streaks the Caps and Rangers are on except keep pace and win the games we should win.
This is an early test, and even if they fall behind it does not mean that the season is over and we don't make the playoffs in some position. But if they want to do that, they will have to play better than the Oil and Nucks games.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Why not!!

^ This is so. The Rangers are not as good a team as they appear to be during this hot streak, it can not, will not continue. But to think they are not a playoff quality team is to be putting on blinders.
Right now it is game on. They may be peaking too early and this will be a fight to the end. It is too bad that we did not respond to their surge by winning games we should have won, Oilers and 'Nucks.
Tonight's game is a big one for us. The Devils are being run by Loucifer now and will play Devils hockey, make it tough. I won't call it a MUST game, but it is a big one and the Isles have to find a way to get 2 points. Would help if it is a regulation win.
I want to see the return of our strong forecheck by all 4 lines.
I want to see Tavares and Okposo playing down below the face-off dots.

LGI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad