News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
What in the actual f***??? OMG, what a nightmare. so horrible to hear this news. Sad = (

This reminds me of the story of the parents who lost their Daughter (I believe on the Meadowbrook) coming back from a wedding where the Limo driver was drunk and drove on the wrong side of the highway....smfh.

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Investing quote from Eichel on comparing Vegas to Buffalo and what is like on a perpetually rebuilding team.

"I went from one polar opposite to the other. It was almost like in Buffalo for a few years there, we were always kind of working towards the future. It was never about right now," Eichel said.

"I understand that situation was about getting draft picks, developing them, and working towards, 'OK, well, what can we be like in a year or two years? Whatever it might be from now.' But, at the same time, when you're in the situation where you're the player representing the team every day on the ice, it's like, 'OK, I want to win, I want to be competitive now.'

"To be able to play in a place (like Vegas), where the goal and the standard every season is to be the last team, it's the best. It's what you want as a player. You have the utmost confidence in management and ownership to make our team as good as they possibly can every year to try and win the ultimate goal. As a player, I think that's all you can ask for."

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Investing quote from Eichel on comparing Vegas to Buffalo and what is like on a perpetually rebuilding team.

"I went from one polar opposite to the other. It was almost like in Buffalo for a few years there, we were always kind of working towards the future. It was never about right now," Eichel said.

"I understand that situation was about getting draft picks, developing them, and working towards, 'OK, well, what can we be like in a year or two years? Whatever it might be from now.' But, at the same time, when you're in the situation where you're the player representing the team every day on the ice, it's like, 'OK, I want to win, I want to be competitive now.'

"To be able to play in a place (like Vegas), where the goal and the standard every season is to be the last team, it's the best. It's what you want as a player. You have the utmost confidence in management and ownership to make our team as good as they possibly can every year to try and win the ultimate goal. As a player, I think that's all you can ask for."
It also helps that top free agents (Pietrangelo, Stone, etc.) want to go to Vegas.

The biggest free agents Buffalo have been able to attract in the last 10 years have been Kyle Okposo and Jeff Skinner.

Last edited:

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
It also helps that top free agents (Pietrangelo, Stone, etc.) want to go to Vegas.

The biggest free agents Buffalo have been able to attract in the last 10 years have been Kyle Okposo and Jeff Skinner.
It helps attract free agents when the team is looking to win and is not in constant rebuild mode. Players want to play for a team that has a chance to win.

Reactions: LeapOnOver

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It helps attract free agents when the team is looking to win and is not in constant rebuild mode. Players want to play for a team that has a chance to win.
Players also want to live in a warm climate with favorable tax regulations.

NY state has the highest tax burden in the nation and Buffalo has arguably the most snowfall out of any American franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad