News from Around the AHL/NHL/KHL 2018-19 Pt. IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I do not want Tavares and the Leafs getting past the first round.
The meltdown in Toronto will be priceless, if the July SC champs are ousted in the first round :D
Yeah, 105 points or less (matching/worse than last year) and a first round exit (matching last year) would be pretty funny. For us.

Reactions: Instant

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I do not want Tavares and the Leafs getting past the first round.
The meltdown in Toronto will be priceless, if the July SC champs are ousted in the first round :D

It's funny how Judas' mediocrity just follows him around. Leafs may finish with less pts with Mr. Individual than last season with Bozak and JVR last year. Maybe Lou was right, when he left. It's not like they ever won anything when he was here, it's about the logo not the individual! The Laffs are getting dusted by the Bruins in the 1st rd. And The meltdown will be glorious indeed.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
In 10 nhl seasons he has had one 70 pt season and this will be his second 60+ pt season.

As I said, some desperate GM is going to overpay Duchene. Giving him a front loaded, bonus filled contract.
I would rather have Nelson at $5.5m,then Duchene at $8.5m

Matt Duchene Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

I’d be ok with Nelson over Duchene. But as others have stated, I would want a dynamic player like Panarin on that line.

While their at it, bring in Ron Francis in some managerial capacity and “how to become the perfect second line center like I was” coach.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I’d be ok with Nelson over Duchene. But as others have stated, I would want a dynamic player like Panarin on that line.

While their at it, bring in Ron Francis in some managerial capacity and “how to become the perfect second line center like I was” coach.

I would be thrilled if Lou pulls off a Panarin signing, while extending Nelson.

From Staple's Q &A session, it sounds like Skinner is also on Lou's wishlist .

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
I would be thrilled if Lou pulls off a Panarin signing, while extending Nelson.

From Staple's Q &A session, it sounds like Skinner is also on Lou's wishlist .

If we LTIR Ladd we only have one anchor contact in Clutterbuck who could also end up on LTIR. We should be spending on Lee, Nelson, and a 2 quality fowards that can score.

Let Eberle walk

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
In 10 nhl seasons he has had one 70 pt season and this will be his second 60+ pt season.

As I said, some desperate GM is going to overpay Duchene. Giving him a front loaded, bonus filled contract.
I would rather have Nelson at $5.5m,then Duchene at $8.5m

Matt Duchene Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

The bolded is a bit of exaggeration though CREW. You and I both know that. He had 43 points in 47 games during the shortened season. This will also be his third 60+ point season. He had 67 points in 2010-2011, 70 points in 2013-2014, and this season as well. That is not even counting the 59 points he had in the 2015-2016 season in 76 games. That reeks of the argument from Flyers fans years ago saying Tavares never had a PPG season because he only had 81 points in 82 games. He also had 59 points in his first season in Ottawa as well.

I think that you are making this argument that has less factual basis than it actually does. Think about it. In his 10 NHL seasons he has had three 60+ point seasons, with two seasons at 59 points. With a couple of lucky bounces he has 5/10 60+ point seasons and one of those seasons he scored at a PPG pace almost in a shortened season where he would've easily eclipsed 60+ points.

So in reality? 6/10 of his NHL seasons hit your mark. That is counting his rookie season as well where he scored 55 points.

He has had one real season where he scored under 55 points and that was all the way back in 2011.

Reactions: Sidney the Kidney

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The bolded is a bit of exaggeration though CREW. You and I both know that. He had 43 points in 47 games during the shortened season. This will also be his third 60+ point season. He had 67 points in 2010-2011, 70 points in 2013-2014, and this season as well. That is not even counting the 59 points he had in the 2015-2016 season in 76 games. That reeks of the argument from Flyers fans years ago saying Tavares never had a PPG season because he only had 81 points in 82 games. He also had 59 points in his first season in Ottawa as well.

I think that you are making this argument that has less factual basis than it actually does. Think about it. In his 10 NHL seasons he has had three 60+ point seasons, with two seasons at 59 points. With a couple of lucky bounces he has 5/10 60+ point seasons and one of those seasons he scored at a PPG pace almost in a shortened season where he would've easily eclipsed 60+ points.

So in reality? 6/10 of his NHL seasons hit your mark. That is counting his rookie season as well where he scored 55 points.

He has had one real season where he scored under 55 points and that was all the way back in 2011.

I have said I expect he will score 55-60 going forward.
Earlier this season he was on pace for 80+ pts, shooting an unsustainable 20.0 %.

Where is my 55-60 pt comment misleading?
You expect the 20.0 shooting % to be repeated?
We really looking back at his production from 4 yrs or 6 yrs ago,to argue he is now , a few seasons away from 30 yrs old, worth $8.5m per?

I do not want to see Lou give him $8.5m per, on a long-term deal .
My wishlist is to give that $ to the younger Panarin,,extend Nelson and come out of the 2019 draft with 1-2 center prospects ,with top 6 upside.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I have said I expect he will score 55-60 going forward.
Earlier this season he was on pace for 80+ pts, shooting an unsustainable 20.0 %.

Where is my 55-60 pt comment misleading?
You expect the 20.0 shooting % to be repeated?
We really looking back at his production from 4 yrs or 6 yrs ago,to argue he is now , a few seasons away from 30 yrs old, worth $8.5m per?

I do not want to see Lou give him $8.5m per, on a long-term deal .
My wishlist is to give that $ to the younger Panarin,,extend Nelson and come out of the 2019 draft with 1-2 center prospects ,with top 6 upside.

I think we would all rather Panarin, but when the Isles strike out on him I would hope Lamoriello signing Duchene who would become the second best forward on this team instantly. In a second line center position he will provide the extra help the Islanders need.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Gotta wonder why Skinner has not signed an extension with Buffalo.

Pre- ankle injury , he was putting up very good numbers.
Didn’t he have a whole lot of control over where he was traded and that’s partly why he’s in Buffalo? On the other hand, Buffalos not making the playoffs again so I can understand having second thoughts about an extension.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I think we would all rather Panarin, but when the Isles strike out on him I would hope Lamoriello signing Duchene who would become the second best forward on this team instantly. In a second line center position he will provide the extra help the Islanders need.

I would be surprised to find the isles at the top of either Panarin or Duchene's July 1st wishlist

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Didn’t he have a whole lot of control over where he was traded and that’s partly why he’s in Buffalo? On the other hand, Buffalos not making the playoffs again so I can understand having second thoughts about an extension.

Someone posted his hometown is near Buffalo and that was why he was willing to waive his ntc for the Sabres.

He was getting props early in the season from Sabre fans. I would have thought he would want an extension and the deep pocketed Sabres owner, would be willing to open the checkbook.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013

If you sign Duchene and Nelson. That’s drastically improves the C depth. Barzal, Duch, Nelson, Czikas. Even sign Fil in place of Kuhn for next yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad