Proposal: New York Rangers - Vancouver Canucks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I think he might've been referring to K'andre Miller, but yeah, it got confusing when he wrote, "Miller is still better and has much higher upside. And he is already more proven."

Vasili Podkolzin has 7 goals in 33 games, two more than Kaapo Kakko in the same amount of GP, one less than Alexis Lafreniere with 4 less GP.

Are the Rangers still high on those two, or is Miller still better and have much higher upside. And is already more proven?
Perfect post. Yet Rangers fans are ignoring it because it doesn’t fit their narrative of K’Andre Miller

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
No I don't, I know he has value, I also know that Pod does too, he's a PWF, he is already very good in his own end, he has a very good attitude, lethal shot, has all the makings of a top 6 guy who is built like a shit brickhouse and can be trusted in any situation. Guys like that are hard to come by, the same as guys like Miller are, that's why one isn't more valuable than the other.

If Pod is so much worse than honest question, does Miller have more value than Kakko?

Because Pod doesn't have as much value even though in his rookie season he has more goals than Kakko on a far worse team.

Kakko's and Laf's numbers are pretty embarrassing so far. So pretty dumb comparisons.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is wishful thinking with no basis in fact whatsoever. The Rangers are stuck with Trouba.

he is playing very well, just 1-1.5 overpriced
only limitation is not other clubs interest, but if Trouba himself will waive and I think he will but it is not clear if it will be next yr or following season after which his hard nmc morphs into partial ntc and we can move him then, no prob.
If we do THAT he may not like where he's relocated and he will have squat to say.

On the other hand, he can play nice, do us a favor, we owe him one post career, and we bend over backwards to make the relocation as good for him as possible.

Relocating him now is another story. But we don't have probs now, just tight cap beg. next season

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Trouba is here to stay, and he's playing very well this season.

I don't get the dealing KAM train. How many 21 year olds are playing 20 mins a night on the back end of a playoff quality team?

Of course he will have his youth moments and mess up from time to time. Tell me a 21 year old that doesn't?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

I don't get the dealing KAM train. How many 21 year olds are playing 20 mins a night on the back end of a playoff quality team?

Of course he will have his youth moments and mess up from time to time. Tell me a 21 year old that doesn't?

agree w/this except I limit the Trouba stay being certain only to this season

Dealing Buch established they respected cap
When Strome goes, and he should b'c self rental is wasteful indulgence
that will further reinforce the message Trouba should be getting.

He can wait til the last minute if he wants, but he his not staying full term of his deal.
It will behoove him to work w/us earlier

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018

it was a weird proposal from OP who is a Ranger fan. Not sure if he doesn't like KAM or really likes POD. but it is a low return on KAM.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site

He can wait til the last minute if he wants, but he his not staying full term of his deal.

You keep spreading this mantra that Trouba is not only going to move but behind the scenes the Rangers will do what it takes to make sure his wife gets a desired job at a preferred medical facility. She can't do this herself, even if she wants to, I guess

Apparently James Dolan has morphed from awesome, meddle-free owner to downright players wives philanthropist.

I guess Trouba's wife has no ethics or morality either since she's going to be given a list of places to work, not that she needs to have an opinion or even care about.

I'm sure Trouba would love to go from a major market team that's turned the corner on a rebuild and is positioning themselves to be a Cup contender. I'm sure he's going to realize that he's holding them back and that a surefire way to become a Cup champion is to start inserting prospects, so he'll accommodate the Rangers. I mean, he did accommodate Winnipeg on the way out, did he not?

Other GM's are going to offer up a bounty for a player with a high cap hit that controls his destiny and won't be sending one-way salary back, you'll probably get multiple 1sts and A-level prospects on ELC's.

Quite possibly he'll make a choice to go to Florida or Tampa Bay but given their cap structures, Rangers are retaining 50% for multiple years.

I can see the conversation between Dolan and Drury. "Jim, he may be averaging 10g, 20a and playing in the primary shutdown role but we paid him a lot...we'll be better served sticking a 20 year old in his spot, it's what championship teams do."

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver

Lol you have created this narrative out of thin air and are now acting like it’s established fact. None of this is real.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Uhhhh when did I ever say that? You really don't know what your talking about do you?
Claiming that a guy who has 3 more points despite being a forward has more value than Miller. I would say they have equal value but Rangers have no interest in Pod as he’s a winger. Canucks have no interest in Miller because he is LD.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
Claiming that a guy who has 3 more points despite being a forward has more value than Miller. I would say they have equal value but Rangers have no interest in Pod as he’s a winger. Canucks have no interest in Miller because he is LD.

Ok, never said that either, dude WTF are you talking about?

Do you know who your responding to? You seem to think I'm saying things I'm clearly not.

Your literally making up narratives here

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Podkolzin is a rookie playing his first season on north american ice. And he brings a lot more than just points. He's more valuable than Miller.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Podkolzin is a rookie playing his first season on north american ice. And he brings a lot more than just points. He's more valuable than Miller.
Miller is a second year in NHL on his 5 season playing D. Last year he was matched up against Ovi and Crosby and showed he can handle those matchups. Miller brings a lot more than points. I would say both guys have equal value but makes no sense for either team as it doesn’t fill either teams needs

Reactions: bl02

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Lol you have created this narrative out of thin air and are now acting like it’s established fact. None of this is real.

lol yourself
Schneider is the heir apparent, and b'c of cap, he will eventually have to replace Trouba.

either Trouba insists on staying until under his contract nmc -> ntc
or
he lets us bribe him to go early

and other than we need Trouba $ to pay LaF/Kakko/Blais, etc there is no urgency, but that is how it is unfolding

so don't represent it is imaginary
conceptual yes
imaginary no

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
lol yourself
he lets us bribe him to go early

Here's the bribe: "Jacob, we're willing to send you wherever you want and we don't care if we get anything in return. We're willing to retain and take back a 5th rounder. Name the team you want to go to. Otherwise...we'll just continually play you because sitting you or waiving you you're still 7 mill on our cap"

Sounds good, Rangers really make out like a bandit on this one.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
this is uninformed
there is a reasonable basis to think that, esp if people were working behind the scenes to ensure his wife had desirable medical career opportunity at preferred location of choice, that FL --- either Panthers or TB --- is an acceptable fit.
They live there for tax purposes at min.

And if DET was in on it, they would not cut their nose to spite their face and crazy underbid as you indicate.
JT would be a valuable add and while Stevie would want to extract a discount, he would still cough up valuable futures

You convinced me, Detroit adds a third rounder and the Rangers retain 50%.

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
Ugh. Bern is like the cousin you always have to apologize for in a public platform.

Trouba is not getting dealt. He literally choose New York to play for, and hockey was the last reason for the choice. Trouba is here to stay, and that's not exactly a bad thing.

The OP's offer just doesn't make sense for both teams.

JT Miller makes zero sense for the Rangers as well, because of prior history.

Close the thread and start the Horvat for Schneider one now lol

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ugh. Bern is like the cousin you always have to apologize for in a public platform.

Trouba is not getting dealt. He literally choose New York to play for, and hockey was the last reason for the choice. Trouba is here to stay, and that's not exactly a bad thing.

The OP's offer just doesn't make sense for both teams.

JT Miller makes zero sense for the Rangers as well, because of prior history.

Close the thread and start the Horvat for Schneider one now lol

your partisan choices of favorites -- to which you are entitled but is as to opinion but not fact -- ignores reality

either we deal Strome and get something or he pulls a Tavares [lower scale] and walks we get nothing.

Capitulate to that reality, then admit I'm right.

getting back to Trouba, who you specified, Rangers are up vs it next yr big time.
It may become necessary to deal Lindgren for cap not b'c of Fox + Zib, but to have cap $$ for LaF Kakko + Blais

TROUBA IS STROME A MAX OF 2 SEASONS AWAY AFTER THIS

Only ? will be if he forces us to wait until the last minute, and we deal him on our terms, or does he work with us, perhaps as early as next season, and we owe him one then post career.

But after Strome, Trouba is the next big guy to get dealt [Lindren possibly not withstanding as a stopgap] and that will be b'c of #s.

We are mostly keeping our youth to = depth and roster cap mgmt
Kreider is not going esp after this career year/start
Fox Zib + bread we are married to.
There is no one else moveable any time soon

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
your partisan choices of favorites -- to which you are entitled but is as to opinion but not fact -- ignores reality

either we deal Strome and get something or he pulls a Tavares [lower scale] and walks we get nothing.

Capitulate to that reality, then admit I'm right.

getting back to Trouba, who you specified, Rangers are up vs it next yr big time.
It may become necessary to deal Lindgren for cap not b'c of Fox + Zib, but to have cap $$ for LaF Kakko + Blais

TROUBA IS STROME A MAX OF 2 SEASONS AWAY AFTER THIS

Only ? will be if he forces us to wait until the last minute, and we deal him on our terms, or does he work with us, perhaps as early as next season, and we owe him one then post career.

But after Strome, Trouba is the next big guy to get dealt [Lindren possibly not withstanding as a stopgap] and that will be b'c of #s.

We are mostly keeping our youth to = depth and roster cap mgmt
Kreider is not going esp after this career year/start
Fox Zib + bread we are married to.
There is no one else moveable any time soon
Trouba isn’t going anywhere until the 24-25 season. He has a full nmc until then. What’s his incentive to waive that? He wants to live in New York and someone else mentioned as does his wife. So I can’t see that changing just because the rangers say pretty please. That leaves a buyout. I doubt the rangers want to buy him out prior to which imo is 0% chance as well.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Trouba isn’t going anywhere until the 24-25 season. He has a full nmc until then. What’s his incentive to waive that? He wants to live in New York and someone else mentioned as does his wife. So I can’t see that changing just because the rangers say pretty please. That leaves a buyout. I doubt the rangers want to buy him out prior to which imo is 0% chance as well.

like I said, Trouba holds all the cards, but it is up to him to think long or short term

if he does us no favors, then what goes around comes around

on the other hand, if he sees we dealt Buch and hopefully will have dealt Strome soon, he will get the message that while he is controlling before, he is not controlling as to if. He is outta here as soon as his nmc->ntc. Whether he likes it or not.
Now if he accepts that, and is willing to work with us, I am not saying we will give him away for free to wherever he wants, but we will work with him on a preferred choice of relocation. That is not counting when he hangs them up, we would owe him a favor. Favor could be short term gig, whatev is a comfy fit: consultant, entry level coach, scout, etc.
Also, it is easy-peasy for a billion dollar valued outfit like NYR to donate 1m to the medical facility of choice [getting a tax deduction] on the condition it sets up the wife to pursue her desired field of study -- fully funded. That would ease any discomfort from a move, surely.

There is a logic that MAYBE Trouba goes for this, at least on paper.
Rangers dealing Staal and his albatross contract to DET for a 2nd, that was a shocker.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad